Write Cell : Failed setting the current sheet to: Sheet1 in workbook: Original error message: 0x800AC472

I have read file from excel 1 and tried to copied some of the data from that first excel to second excel file in the sheet1. And after that my task is to remove headers from first sheet and paste other value in second sheet. There are lot of formulas. But I am getting write Cell error time and again. what might be error.

Did the error occur because I was trying to execute “write Cell” thrice in three different cell of excel sheet 2?

I have used this assign value

formulaResult = “=AnotherCell!A3&REPT(”" “”,AnotherCell!A$2-LEN(AnotherCell!A3))"

And then used “Write cell” to execute this formula

Sheet = “Sheet1”
Range = “B1:B17”
value = formulaResult

But at Write cell I got this error
Write Cell ‘Formula’: Failed setting the current sheet to: Sheet1 in workbook: C:\Users\samraat.maharjan\Documents\DataTest2.xlsx. Original error message: 0x800AC472

AnotherCell is the name of first sheet where Sheet1 is name of secondsheet in my case.

@Samraat_Maharjan1

using write cell you are using a range?

can you please show a screenshot

cheers

@Anil_G

@Samraat_Maharjan1

Write cell is used to write into one cell you cannot give a range like A3:A17…you have to give only A3 …if you want the formula to be filled then use auto fill range to fill the data to all cells

cheers

@Anil_G I want to write from A1 to all the down depending on number of rows in particular. Here it’s actually 17.
The thing is that I need to write from A to S column. Different values. so, I had to write many write cells.

@Samraat_Maharjan1

Then use write cell in A1 and then use auto fill range activity to fill all cells

or create a datatable with one columna nd then use write range

cheers

@Anil_G How to use that autofill range. Earlier, I have used this “A” + (Count + 1).ToString() to automatically write in other rows as well. But now, it’s also not working.

@Samraat_Maharjan1

Can you please show whicha utofill range are you using modern or classic.?

If classic then you have to give range like "A2:A" + (count+).ToString

If modern then it actually needs only start cell and it will automatically fill till end

Cheers

@Anil_G I am actually using classic. Even “A2:A” + (count+).ToString() this didn’t work

@Samraat_Maharjan1

Can you please ahow what you tried in a screenshot

Cheers

@Anil_G

I am actually reading from first excel file and writing in second excel file instead for each row loop which is inside excel application scope of second excel file.

@Samraat_Maharjan1

Again as mentioned…you are still using write cell activity which should I deally be used only for a single cell and not a range

For write cell write in A2 and then use the below mentioned activity

https://docs.uipath.com/activities/docs/excel-auto-fill-range

cheers

okay, I got your point. But How do I insert value? there’s no value field

@Samraat_Maharjan1

First use a write cell to write into one cell…the first and then use auto fill range…it will write the same value in first cell to all the cells

cheers

Well, I have tried with autofill but i got this error. AutoFill method of Range class failed,

@Samraat_Maharjan1

Please show how you tried and configured

and I hope there are no filters

cheers

Hello Anil

its for your information we can provide cell range as well in write cell activity.it will work

-Mr. Robot

@Robot_Elliot

My bad you are right…range should be supported

cheers

If you want update formula for particular data table rows count and update there those formula just check this images which I created and let me know is this helpful or not note if you want to count header row also then remove check box of read range "add header " I had removed please check

@Sandip_Shahane1 What I am trying to do is copy certain columns (Only three column’s values as mentioned in first image) from first excel sheet and copy it into another excel file. For testing purpose there are 17 rows in each columns. And in the second sheet of second excel sheet. I have used quite a few formula to maintain space. I am getting error while I tried to use write Cell and used Autofill range. I worked half but couldn’t copy all the values.