Working on selectors and how to use a dynamic selector

selector

How we Working on selectors and how to use a dynamic selector

What to do with dynamic properties of controls?
Ui element no longer valid. Uipath.core.invalidUiElementException
Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector using Windows app Excel

Hey @Neha_Agrawal

Please go through with below thread link and before ask any query first please make sure it has not been asked by any other on the forum.

Let me know, if you need any more help on this.

Regards…!!
Aksh

solution is here

Hi @aksh1yadav,

I also have a question regarding the selector.

I build a rather large artefact, which migrates data from one platform to a second platform. Now, the second platform got an update: all the functionality remains, but the selector is different, as the title changed.

As the title changed, I need to update all UiPath activities by searching and replacing the selector.

My question: do you know how I can access the bare UiPath code, in order to easily change the selector? That would be very helpful, since I don’t need to go through every activity.

Thanks!

Best regards

Each .xaml UiPath file is just XML that you can open with any regular text editor.

If you want to use code you can open visual studio and do something like this:

File.WriteAllText(path, File.ReadAllText(path).Replace(x, y));

At the time of development you have observed this then you can relay on most stable attributes instead of title and can make the variable part dynamic.

Their are approaches depends on usage and needs mate. it depends on need and environment scenario.

if you wanna replace in a once shot. so already mentioned with other guy just open .xaml in notepad and replace all in a once shot :slight_smile:

Regards…!!
Aksh

How to use variables in data Scraping