Hello all, please take a look at the following image:
I ran a workflow analyzer for my project and most errors were outputted correctly, and I was able to resolve them. However, even after reboot of studio, this one error keeps populating.
Basically, I have a String variable “CoveragesText”, which is a String outputted by a Get Full Text activity. I use this later to compare against a known value in another string (in_CurrentInsurance). However, the analyzer keeps saying the variable isn’t used…is this an error with Studio, or am I missing something?
Studio version 2021.10.4
EDIT: I have already tried look through different scopes in the XAML, no such luck
Check also in all the scopes and see whether you have another variable named like this?
Thanks for the reply. That’s the first thing I checked, should have mentioned it. Unfortunately, that didn’t seem to be the problem.
Can you please remove the solution from the above post? That is not a correct one
We had some issues with variables not being identified properly in some inners scopes like else/if or validate activities. This is supposed to be fixed using the latest 23.2 build that just got released.
This is a known issue I reported quite a while ago.
It seems the analyzer doesn’t see variable references when they’re in an expression. It will also mistakenly see a package/dependency as unused if the only reference is in an expression.
For this reason I never use the “Remove Unused” button - I always use the analyzer and then manually investigate any variables, dependencies, etc that it reports are unused.
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.