im working with excel(xlsx)…
1.how to open excel
2.how to rename excel
3.save the file in the same path with new name.
4.open new(re-named) excel again.
5.Navigate to particylat tab.
6.read particular row and colum.
can pls guide me…how to do the above things
I think it would be extremely beneficial for you to take the beginners developer course at academy.uipath.com - All of this gets covered fairly early on in the course in the excel section.
- You can open excel with an Excel Application Scope activity.
- Rename a file with a ‘Move File’ activity. The input is the full excel file path including extension. The output is the directory of the file, but the new name for the file including extension.
- This is the same question as #2 ?
- This is the same question as #1
- See 6, it is done all at once
- Use the read range activity (for more than one cell) or read cell activity (if just a single cell). You provide the excel sheet name. If using read range, you provide the range to read (e.g. “A1:C20”) or if you leave it blank it reads the entire sheet. For read cell you provide the specific cell to read (e.g. “A1”)