Word table to excel

how to read a particular table from a word file (if there are multiple tables ) ? and we don’t know at which position the table is situated. how to select the particular table and copy that table ? and get that table into excel sheet .

If position that you are referring is not same as the table#. Then you can use go to Table number (f5) and select Alt+5 or click table selector Image to copy the table and paste in Excel (Ctrl+v)

Hi @shivamrana,

Here I have attached the sample to extract the table from word to excel.

Thank you
Balamurugan.S

Hi @balupad14
I am using your activities to extract data from word table to excel. I am getting the error “Paste Clipboard: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC” . I also saw your video about fixing this issue with installing another version of your activities. But I only see the following versions or older versions available currently. I am using community edition of UIPATH studio.

1 Like

Hi @arunasan,

Can you please share a sample project here ?

Thank you
Balamurugan.S

Hi @balupad14
Using balareva activity, can I extract the last table from the word doc? The last table could be Table 2 in some cases or Table 1 in some cases which cannot be predetermined.

HI @arunasan ,

Thank you for using the package. As I told already, Please share a sample project. It would be very helpful to rectify the issue.

Thank you
Balamurugan.S

@balupad14
Here is my requirement.
Copy emails and attachments to separate folders. Like one email and its associated attachment in one folder and the next email and attachment in another folder.
Loop through the folders, open the word document and extract data and load to excel. The word document is like a letter. Sample below. Apart from other data that I need to extract, I also need to extract data from the word table. I was able to complete it with word table extractor (Word Table Extractor - RPA Component | UiPath Marketplace) but this one works only for .docx files and doesn’t work for .doc files.

1 Like

@balupad14
Any suggestions on how this can be resolved using your activity?
Sometimes, the from address in the letter is in a table. So I cannot using the table index as 1. That’s why I am looking to get the last table. Also as I mentioned earlier, it should work for .doc and .docx files.

1 Like

Hi @arunasan ,
To get the last table. It has an activity called table count. using this you can able to mention the last table index. if you send a sample by message, it would helpful to solve the issue.

Thank you
Balamurugan.S

Hi @balupad14

I hope you are doing well.
I’m trying to use your package to extract a table from a word file but I’m facing this error.

RemoteException wrapping System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC
at BalaReva.EasyExcel.Base.ExcelActivity.HandleException(Exception ex)
at BalaReva.EasyExcel.Sheets.PasteClipboard.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

My workflow is based on this tutorial and I’m using the same activities

I think that there is a problem with the Paste Clipboard activity
These are the package versions that I’m using:

Can you please try to investigate from your side?
Best regards,
Nourchene.