Word Automation with StudioX - Modify Word Templates

Worked okay, but the colors in the pdf file were off after using the Save Document as PDF action.

Color is faded when I save other Word documents to PDF too (so not just this one).

Its awesome and easy!

Very good exercise.
I struggle to replace the picture. UI Path claims that it is a ComObject and apparently not compatible for Word.

Very good exercise, I am trying to use the Contract for Sale of Goods as Template without replacing the original template. And after we have completed the replacement of the seller and buyer info, it’s a good idea to export the pdf with the seller’s suffix at the end of the pdf filename. Think it would make better sense as a real world application.

Therefore, it will end with exporting to pdf under “Contract for Sale of Goods_Nikolaus, Raynor and Gusikowski” so on and so forth for every client.

Hi Jennifer, I too have save all my file path into onedrive so I could easily access the files from different devices. I had initially encountered problem but had resolved as it was caused by my microsoft accounts.

I had referred to the website below to resolve this issue, maybe you could try and manually sync a folder at a time or check if the onedrive storage is full?

Hope it helps.

10 Verified Tips to Fix OneDrive Not Syncing (wondershare.com)

The Find & Replace function in Word is much more powerful than simply replacing static text. Searching by Format, Styles and Special Characters would be a nice enhancement for the future.

I becoming better each day, the solution work flow and mind little different but same result.
I am starting addicted to this and yet very newbie with this as well.

1 Like

An interesting challenge. I had to follow the example (with the exception of the incorrect cell reference given in the answer). I agree that overwriting the template may make referring back to what happened problematic.

Having to type in the text you wanted to replace was not clear at the beginning, but I get it now - I think.

The contract template example was so interesting. I tried to do this contract template in my own way and was successful. But still I have to figure out about Insert DataTable activity options with other challenges.

Thanks

Me too.

I managed to save the word file with the changes made by the robot adding the date in the name. To do this I had to first modify the Notebook file to correct the date with the format YYYYYYMMDD . I used the following formula:
=CONCAT(YEAR(Date_Input);IF(MONTH(Date_Input)<10;CONCAT(“0”;MONTH(Date_Input));MONTH(Date_Input)));IF(DAY(Date_Input)<10;CONCAT(“0”;DAY(Date_Input));DAY(Date_Input))))
Then I used Save Document as <[Notes.Sheet(“Date”)).Cell(“YYYYYYMMDD”)]>Contract for Sale of Goods.docx
The result is that I don’t lose the template and I have the contract saved in another file with the date included :grinning:

1 Like

why i think it’s much more practical to use “mail merge” then use this automation.
cause from the start we already got the template and we just need to match the template with the excel file.

sure, some functions is really Convenient to use, like image change and table input, but the rest i think it much more practical to use mail merge.

sorry for my English, its not my first language

File path was too long for the excel file in the zip. Couldn’t open it.

I have this problem:

When text to replace breaks a line it’s not replaced.

Very great experience using WORD Automation and registered as a PDF file

Word is indeed a very important and very useful tool when carrying out any activity; For this reason, I find everything that can be done through StudioX very interesting and useful, I am sure that we will find a lot to apply it to

I think the activities, their names, their properties and their functionality are changed from one version release to another wherever required to improve the ease of use. ‘Save document as’ is available in recent version of studiox.

For example: ‘export to pdf’ was the activity shown in the tutorial which might have been available at that time but is not available in the latest version of studiox. Instead I think it is replaced by ‘Save document as pdf’ which I would say is a better and clear way of naming the same activity. Wouldn’t you agree?

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Great exploration. Learning journey continues…

I was able to work through this challenge without much difficulty. However, one thing I should have done is save the template as a different name to allow the original to stay in tact. It would have been helpful to go back to the template as I made changes after each run. I didn’t use the same process for saving the exchange data. It wasn’t really clear (for me) if I was just supposed to retrieve the value and save for later or have the Bot do it. For the web page I was on - kind of got stuck on how to do that so I just retrieved the value itself.

How do I change the formatting of the target text? I would not like to display the Company name and the rest of the info with the yellow highlight

1 Like