Window legacy conversion issue

Dear all, i managed to convert my bot from window legacy to windows. But when i run, it stated compilation error as follows which i read i need to update activities.:

kindly advise how can i update the activities?

JIT compilation is disabled for non-Legacy projects. ExpressionToCompile { Code = "System.Activities.InArgument1[System.String]", ImportedNamespaces = System.Collections.Generic.HashSet1[System.String], VariableTypeGetter = System.Func`2[System.String,System.Type], LambdaReturnType = System.Object } should have been compiled by the Studio Compiler.

at UiPath.Executor.DisabledJustInTimeCompiler.CompileExpression(ExpressionToCompile compilerRequest)
at System.Activities.JitCompilerHelper1.Compile[T](LocationReferenceEnvironment environment, Boolean isLocationReference) at System.Activities.JitCompilerHelper1.Compile[T](CodeActivityPublicEnvironmentAccessor publicAccessor, Boolean isLocationReference)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicHelper.Compile[T](String expressionText, CodeActivityPublicEnvironmentAccessor publicAccessor, Boolean isLocationExpression)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicValue1.CacheMetadata(CodeActivityMetadata metadata) at System.Activities.CodeActivity1.OnInternalCacheMetadataExceptResult(Boolean createEmptyBindings)
at System.Activities.Activity1.OnInternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings) at System.Activities.Activity.InternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings, IList1& validationErrors)
at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivity(ChildActivity childActivity, ChildActivity& nextActivity, Stack1& activitiesRemaining, ActivityCallStack parentChain, IList1& validationErrors, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback)
at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivityTreeCore(ChildActivity currentActivity, ActivityCallStack parentChain, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList1& validationErrors) at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.CacheRootMetadata(Activity activity, LocationReferenceEnvironment hostEnvironment, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList1& validationErrors)
at System.Activities.Hosting.WorkflowInstance.ValidateWorkflow(WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensionManager)
at System.Activities.Hosting.WorkflowInstance.RegisterExtensionManager(WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensionManager)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.EnsureInitialized()
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.Enqueue(InstanceOperation operation, Boolean push)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.SimpleOperationAsyncResult.Run(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.BeginRun(AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at UiPath.Executor.RobotRunner.RunWorkflow()

Along with this help:

• check especially for the Double quotes - 2.7 and maybe retype statements
  • Also ensure that referenced package versions (e.g. UiPath.System.Activities) are on current version level
2 Likes

Hi @ppr, really helpful tutorial, thanks for sharing!

Dear @ppr Thank you for sharing!! But it looks complicated to a noob like me.

Meanwhile, i will be left with the option to continue to use the Window Legacy bot.

Do you foresee there will be issues if i continue to use that old version which is still running?

Thank you so much in advance!

Hi,

It’s announced Windows-legacy compatibility for new projects will be deprecated in 2023.4. However we can run and modify existing project in 2023.4 at least. So, it’s no problem to use Windows-Legacy for a while.

Regards,

Thank you so much for the reply!! I tried updating the dependencies activities under manage activities when i right click. and when i republish, it compiled and manage to run!! i’m very happy! Thank you all so much for the help!!!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.