WinAutomation Error Code: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component

Hello,

I’ve been trying to automate steps for DB creation and table creation into MS Access by connecting to oracle DB. But when I’m using Desktop recorder, I’m getting the below error
“Error Code: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component”.


Can anyone please help me trace the root cause and solution for the same. Checked Studio logs as well but couldn’t find anything else apart from above error.

Thanks in advance!
Rohan

Hi @Rohan_Upadhye1

Maybe these topics will be of help:
https://forum.uipath.com/search?q=Error%20HRESULT%20E_FAIL%20has%20been%20returned%20from%20a%20call%20to%20a%20COM%20component%20status:solved

Each will contain a post that is marked as a solution to this error message. From my experience, it can show up in a variety of different circumstances, so there will be some try and error involved in fixing it, I believe.

@loginerror Thanks for your reply. I’ve checked most of them. Majorly they’re because of either the selectors or activities placed inside/outside Attach browser.

But in my case,as soon as I start the Desktop recorder and tries to capture even single control, the error pops up in dialog box.

I’ve checked the .NET framework as well and it’s 4.7.2.

Any hints/pointers as this seems to be some basic issue or might be configuration miss.

I would start by making sure the UiAutomation package is on the latest version (if it isn’t already).

You can also try to launch Studio as administrator and see if something is not blocking the execution of processes behind it.