Why no Exists Option in Recorder?

Hi,

From the activities pane I can access Element Exists/Image Exists activities but they don’t come under recorder.
Can you please let me know the reasoning behind not providing “Exists” option in Recorder?

Thanks in advance!

@Siddarth_Nair

Actually while recording, we can click and type the data into the web and on the screen. There is no chance for us to check if the element or image exists while recording is going on :slight_smile: . Can you think about it once as it is hard to explain .

2 Likes

@HareeshMR
same thing i was typing but you are faster then me :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

We all came across the same thing many times @sandeep13 :laughing:

Everytime I’m typing out the reply, somebody posts it faster. So I simply close the reply :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for your response @HareeshMR and @sandeep13 . I understand checking whether an element/image exists, when the recording is ON doesn’t make sense. But in the Recorder Window I can access and work with other options. Even if I don’t click on Record button, I can still click and type using the available options in the window. In the “Elements” menu dropdown, I can access “Find Element”, “Wait Element Vanish” etc. So was wondering why didn’t they add “Exists” there?
I hope you understand. Anyway not a big deal but asking just out of curiosity. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That would be a nice option to have @Siddarth_Nair

Can you post your thought in the #UserVoice category so that the developers will have a look and they will enhance the studio if they found it useful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not quite clear to me @HareeshMR. Should I add a Feedback tag to my original question here? Kindly clarify.

@Siddarth_Nair

Navigate to this path https://forum.uipath.com/c/user-voice/ideas and create a new topic which you mentioned above :slight_smile:

1 Like

@HareeshMR I see “New Topic” disabled!

Oh, may be it is for the people with regular badge @Siddarth_Nair