Why is there STILL no way to delete an In Progress Queue Item?!

@jeevith @otico Thanks for the helpful Code!

Please mark this as a Solution to this thread as long as there is no “official” way to deal with it. @postwick

2 Likes

I’ll consider it solved when there IS an official way to do it.

5 Likes

I agree with @postwick

Business and Support teams should be able to manage this through Orchestrator like everything else. They can’t/shouldn’t write code to do this.

If you can add queue items through Orchestrator, you should be able to remove as well.

This is totally unaceptable… perhaps you have checked if that user is a paying customer, and maybe he is not, but he can be working in a company that have paid for UiPath licences. Anyway… paying or not you should receive any critic about the product always as a opportunity to improve it.

I can’t either understand why we should wait 24 hs for a “in progress” transaction status to become “abandoned” in order to perform whatever we want to do with our data.

Same thing with the restriction of selecting a robot in queue triggers.

3 Likes

Hey Daniel,

I agree the in progress thing is visually unappealing. Perhaps an explanation on why it just gets stuck there would be helpful for end users to understand (since even if you restarted the process in Studio, those in progress items don’t get picked back up ever again)

Your note of selecting a robot in queue triggers has been corrected in Orchestrator 21.4.0 (latest version recently released) to some degree:

You can add multiple user/machine pairs per job for 1 single trigger. (If you add three pairs, you then will run 3 jobs on those 3 robot users and the applicable Machine(s))

Making it so complicated wasn’t a good solution for the queue triggers. They need to just make it work the same as the time triggers.

Any ETA on this feature? Seems extremely basic, very necessary, and has been missing from the Orchestrators for years.

1 Like

I agree, and am also waiting for it. It’s closer to “need-to-have” than “nice-to-have”.

1 Like

According to my most recent package, there isn’t a “Delete Queue Item” activity either. There is a “Delete Queue Items” but that only deletes “New” queue items. Is there something that I’m missing?

Youd kind of think in a post GDPR world, deleting what could be personal data from a queue would be somewhat easier.

Unfortunately there is no way within Orchestrator to delete an ‘In Progress’ queue item, but via code you can do this:

1. Get all the ‘In Progress’ queue items
  2. Set the status all of those to ‘Failed’
  3. Get all the ‘Failed’ queue items
  4. Delete all the ‘Failed’ queue items

I think it is not a matter of “Delete” an In Progress Queue Item as much as it is to reset or change the Status instead of having to wait 24 hours before it becomes Abandon.
I have Processes that fail, but leave the Transaction in an “In Progress” Status, so need to flag it as Failed so that it can automatically “Retry” if the Queue is configured for retries.

Hello,

I have published an attended component, which can aid RPA teams during their build stage of an automation project.

As the component requires user inputs, it is NOT designed be used in an unattended robot.

Modify In Progress Queue Items - RPA Component | UiPath Marketplace | Overview

The activity supports three functions

1. Set the In Progress queue items to new queue items (this option erases the retry history of the queue item and sets it as a fresh queue item).

2. Set the In Progress queue items to retried queue items or failed queue items while retaining the history of the queue item.

Note
    a) If the max retry has been reached, the queue item is set to Failed status. This is dependent on your Max Retry Number set either in queue settings or from your configuration.

b) If a Business exception failure is the chosen failure type, the item will be set to failed queue status and not retried or new. This is because when a business exception occurs, UiPath deems the item to have failed without a need for retry.

3. Abort the attended automation without any modifications of queue items.

I hope there will someday be an official way to handle this challenge.