Why an exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation?

I have created a workflow that takes as input the excel file attached below and adds the difference between Cash In value and Cash Out value for each row on the Difference column. If the calculation of the difference between the two is successful, I set the Status to Success, otherwise I set it to either Cash In wrong or Cash Out wrong.

It give me this error “Assign difference: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.”

Why?

1 Like

Hi @Carmen_Tur

Actually you entered the row variable name wrongly in assign activity

**You declared iterative variable as Row but you used as row in the difference assign activity present at if no error status condition **

change all the names as Row in if no error status condition as you have declared as row

Thanks,

I’ve done, but it continue given the same error. :woman_shrugging:t2:

could you share your xaml and input file

yes, this is the complete folder.

GlobalHandler.zip (13.3 KB)

Hi @Carmen_Tur

I sorted out the issue
actually you did pretty well but you wrongly entered column name as Difference i change it as Differences
Update me whether you got a solution or not

Thanks,
Robin S
GlobalHandler (2).zip (13.3 KB)

3 Likes

Hi @Carmen_Tur

Have you tried my solution which i gave yesterday ??

Thanks,
Robin

@Carmen_Tur

You are passing incorrect column Name, Check below as @Robinnavinraj_S mentioned

Hope this may help you

Thanks

Hi,

The solution has already been explained above, so the following is FYI.

If we have this exception, we need to check detailed information for it as the following.

If we run in debug mode, please check $exceptionDetails at LocalsPanel.

Or even if we just run, GlobalHandler shows details as the following, in this case.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

2 Likes

@Robinnavinraj_S
I so so so sorry for delay. I had a problem with my internet company and I couldn’t connect to anything in a few days. Today my mailbox was hopping mad.

I’ve just tried your solution and it’s perfect. You had reason, I had a little error with the column name.

Thank you for your time and sorry again for my delay. When internet to fall, the world it’s finished. :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

@Yoichi
Thank you for teach me how to read the exceptions and understand where is my error.

Thank you so much for your time.

No issues @Carmen_Tur

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.