Where does Orchestrator fetch logs from?
Prior to Orchestrator v2018.1.x, Orchestrator fetches all the logs from dbo.logs table.
From 2018.2.x, there is a change from where Orchestrator fetches logs.
It checks logger rule in web.config and maintain rule for writing to “robotElasticBuffer”.
Then it looks for section <target name="robotElasticBuffer", checks uri = “xyz” and name="robotElastic"
- If the uri value is blank then the logs are being fetched from SQL database.
- If it has any value (being it valid or invalid), it tries to fetch value from that URL.
- If the word “robotElastic” is not there in logger rule, it fetches logs from SQL database.
NOTE: If logs are to be viewed from database, then modify robotElastic to anything ( like robotElastic2 ).
Reason for this change:
- Fetching data from elastic search is faster as compared to SQL DB
- All the Orchestrator functions hit database. Hence to improve the performance, fetch logs from ES.