How to resolve the error received when it is not possible to start any Robot on a particular PC from Orchestrator, "The machine key is linked to another machine!"
Issue Description: Despite the un-enrolling the PC, deleting Robot from Orchestrator, recreating a new Robot, enrolling the PC to Orchestrator, still the following error occurs: "The machine key is linked to another machine!" .
Resolution: This error could occur if the machine name given at the time of machine creation is different than the Robot hostname.
- Check the hostname running the below command in Command Prompt: ipconfig /all
- Check the Machine name from the Orchestrator
- If the Machine name is different than the Host Name,
- Copy the Machine name as highlighted in the above screenshot
- Create the Machine with same name in the Orchestrator
- Configure the Robot in the Orchestrator with this Machine name
- Use the Machine Key for the same, while connecting the Robot.