When set ContinueOnError = True (Bot takes so much time to check)

Hi, I set Continueonerror = True
The bot will check if exist then click else check the next activity. But when I run the process it’s working fine when process come to this activity it takes 30 sec 45 sec to check whether the element exists or not if yes then click otherwise go to the next activity. My question is is there anything need to fill up in the property panel to reduce the time. I don’t want to bot wait to for this activity if yes then click otherwise go to the next activity. Please suggest.

@balkishan, Instead of using Continueonerror can you please try for TryCatch Activity. It may solve the processing time.

Thanks,
Arunachalam.

1 Like

HI @balkishan

So your requirement is to check whether a particular element is available. If available, click it and if not available, continue with the rest of the activities. So instead of using continue on error, you can do this easily using Element Exists activity. This activity will return a true or false depending on the element availability. The output of this activity can be captured by a boolean variable. Then you can use an IF activity to perform the tasks if the element is available only. If the element is not available, it will continue with the rest of the activities. I suppose this is the best approach.

I have used this approach in many scenarios and it works perfectly without causing any delay.
the architecture of this is as follows.

So in this screenshot, I first check whether a particular element is available in the web page. If available, I do the data extraction from that. If not available, I perform something different.

I guess this is exactly what you are looking right?

Let know whether it helps

1 Like

@balkishan just give timeout value…
like 3 or 5 seconds along with continue on error option

1 Like

what if the element exists activity unable to identify the Uielement ? and the input is a variable (STring)