When I install my custom login library it doesn't work well with my workflow?

Hello Team,

I created a login library but when I install it in my workflow I get some issues.

The bot logins and then logs out when it reaches the main workflow, so the rest of my activities can’t be executed thus the breakpoint of sequence.

Kindly advise, thinking the problem could be with the use browser activity URL since the URL is not exactly the same as the one in the Login activity(Library).

Regards,
Kakooza Allan Klaus

Hi @Kakooza-Allan-Klaus,

Yes that can be the issue.

Have you tried running process in debug mode to pinpoint the root cause?
That would be helpful to know the root cause than predicting.

Regards
Sonali

1 Like

Hi @sonaliaggarwal47,

Thank you for your reply.

I went ahead and I ran the workflow in debug mode with the Execution Trail enabled.

But as I had highlighted earlier the issue comes in use browser activity as you can see in the screenshots below.

So according to the execution trail you can see the bot is able to login.

And here the bot fails to locate the UI element because the element appears after login and at that point the bot has already logged out.
To shade more light the use browser activity opens up a new browser window, so there is no continuity in the workflow.

Hope this is a bit more clear @sonaliaggarwal47.

Regards,
Kakooza Allan Klaus

Hi @Kakooza-Allan-Klaus,

Few inputs/questions:

1. Is login functionality and the element that you are trying to locate both exists in same browser?
  2. If yes, please use attach browser activity in the beginning, inside which do login,
  3. right after login, use element exists to validate if element has appeared or not
  4. if element behaves inconsistently and takes time to load sometimes, use ‘waitforready’ property and mark as ‘interactive’. Also consider using retry scope for this element exists and exit that only if element is found. If not found, exit from the flow.

Please try this and let me know if there is any change in the behavior.

Regards
Sonali

1 Like

Hi @sonaliaggarwal47,

I trust that your fine?

Sorry about the delay in responding to your message but I need some enlightment.

In the attach browser activity which UI Element should I indicate because if I attach the UI element after logging in then it will flag an error.

Kindly advice.

Regards,
Kakooza Allan Klaus

Hi @Kakooza-Allan-Klaus,

Attach browser activity selector should represent your browser.

Please go with selecting title bar of the browser not element.

Regards
Sonali

1 Like

Thank you @sonaliaggarwal47

Hi @Kakooza-Allan-Klaus,

No problem at all. I am glad I could help :slight_smile:

Regards
Sonali

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.