When does the orchestrator and the robot become in status "disconnected" in case of RDP connecting?

The status of robot on Orchestartor is ‘Available’ during it’s connecting with local PC and remote server through RDP connecting.
But the status become ‘Disconnected’ after I disconnected session between local PC and terminal server. Is this correct behavior??

How can I keep terminal server’s robot status ‘Available’ on Orchestrator after I disconnected session?
Must I change setting of Orchestrator?

@tomo007

May I know how you are disconnecting connection ?

When I done ‘Log off’ on terminal server, the status on Orchestrator become ‘disconnected’.
After i done ‘lock’, the status stays ‘Available’.

Hi,

Which UiPath edition do you use?
If you use “Community Edition” or “Enterprise edition as user mode”, it doesn’t work when you log off.

Regaerds,

Yoichi

1 Like

@Yoichi
Thank you for your reply.
I use “Community Edtion” of Uipath studio. I understand that it is normally behavior under that environment.

@Yoichi
Which edition does it keep connection between orchestrator and robot on terminal server after I disconnected?

Let me know if you have any information.

Hi,

Enterprise edition. It works as service.

PS
Perhaps you should distinguish between “Disconnect” and “Log off” for OS. They are not same.

Regards,

Yoichi

@Yoichi
If I lock or disconnect on RDP, does orchestrator and robot on terminal server keep connection?

Hi,

Probably yes. Usually, UiPath keeps running even if you disconnect or lock. However, It depends on some server settings such as MaxDisconnectionTime registry etc.

Do you have any problems?

Regards,

Yoichi

1 Like

@Yoichi
I tried to running under disconnected and locked condition. It couldn’t ran correctly while it stayed connecting between robot and terminal server in spite of I changed regestry like below.

Hi,

This document is not for locked screen / disconnected RDP but for Minimized RDP Window. They are not same.
What kind of error do you have?
If you want to run your workflow under locked screen etc ,you should use only background compatible activities such as Type Into(simulate type) etc.

Regards,

Yoichi

@Yoichi
I create workflow about open Tera term on terminal server.

1.hot triger activity - windows key
2.type into activity - “tera term[k(enter)]”

But tera term windows doesn’t launch under disconnected and locked condition. When RDP windows minimize, the it can launch tera term window.

Does it support them if I use compatibility activity(type simulate/click, send message) for tera term and excel macro?

Hi,

It depends on application if simulate type / send windows messages works.
If it doesn’t work, you need to change your approach.

For example, you can use OpenApplication or StartProcess instead of ‘press windows key - type into activity - “tera term[k(enter)]”’

Regards,

Yoichi

1 Like

@Yoichi
I got it. Thank you so much.

@Yoichi
Sorry I have a similar question.
Why does it become disconnected between orchestrator and robot on terminal server after I logged off terminal server?
When I log off terminal server, the applications on terminal server and any sessions of application are closed. That is reason why it can not stay connected between orchestrator and robot, is it correct?

Hi,

Because all user processes are terminated by OS when you log off. There is no process to communicate with orchestrator server. (in case of CE)

Regards,

Yoichi

@Yoichi
Thank you. Under the Uipath platform edtion, does Orchestrator and processes on terminal server stay communicated after I log off?

And I do not remember what I put orchestrator into server and my laptop. How can I get orchestrator installer?

Best,

Hi,

It means UiPath service communicates with orchestrator even if no one log on.

How can I get orchestrator installer?

Isn’t it included in “Trial Enterprise Installer”? If not, you might need to contact with a UiPath reseller

Regards,

Yoichi

1 Like

@Yoichi
I thank your reply and advice. I just begging to understand that I had got access to any sites about uipath.