What techniques do you use in Ui path to select the item 'n' from a menu list

Hi all

About to start my first live project soon. I’ll need to click the top item from a list. In the screenshot below, it’s a list of surnames but it could be a list of anything. I need to right click on it to choose that case to work with. How do you do this in Ui path - is there some sort of match index system like in BP (I won’t have the persons name or whatever other info is there - I will need to click on the top line or line ‘n’?

CaptureMenu

Thanks
Jordan

1 Like

Fine
–this can be handled in many ways. So lets go one by one

–First we can simply scrape the table using data scrapping and get the output as datatable
–use a CLICK TEXT ACTIVITY and mention like this outdt.Rows(0)(“Columnname”).ToString and make sure that the button option in property panel click text activity is chosen as RIGHT click, so that it will click on the first text with right click and Rows(0)(“columnname”) denotes that 0 will be first row and columnname will be “Surname”

–Or with second option we can use FIND CHILDREN activity and get the values under that column and pass that value to CLICK TEXT activity so that it would click on the text

Hope this would help you
Kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @jordrowley

1 Like

Hi @jordrowley

Use click activity and in there property there wud be mouse button property and set it as btn_right and do the activity

Thanks
Ashwin.S

1 Like

This makes sense. As soon as I start the project and build this step I will come back to this page and let you know of any issues/requirements. Marked it as completed for now as the logic behind it means it should work fine.
Thanks for the solutions :slight_smile:
Jordan

1 Like

Fantastic
Cheers @jordrowley

@Palaniyappan

If there is a selector that matches the top row of the table like ‘idx’ or something like that, will ‘hardcoding’ that mean that the robot will always be able to click on the top line each time? Someone else has suggested that to me now

Thank you!
Jordan

1 Like

@jordrowley

There will be a unique Property in selector which will be holding the value of “Surname”
we can that property to Click it.
If it is dynamic property use Wildcard instead of dynamic values.

Hope this will help you
Thanks,
Suresh J

1 Like

Hmm yah that would probably does the same
Cheers @jordrowley

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.