What safeguards are used to secure the code used in Activities?

Can anyone confirm what safeguards or steps are taken by UI Path to ensure none of the code used within Activities, either UI Paths’ own code or third party code, is malicious and can be safely implemented within processes used by companies?

Thank you @loginerror and @mircea for your replies, however, they seem to contradict one another regarding whether testing is done on 3rd party code or not. Could you please clarify which is true? My concern is whether the 3rd party code is tested and secure to use in the software used by firms based on the standards of UIPath.

Hi @claudiakinsella

Both our own activity packages as well as the ones uploaded on UiPath Go! are subjected to the same level of rigorous testing before they are allowed on the feeds.

Hi @claudiakinsella, What is your concern? UiPath packages (1st party code) are subject to rigorous quality gates including penetration testing among other quality gates. Since 3rd party code is not code provided by UiPath, we do not extend this policy to 3rd party code. 3rd party code should be secured by 3rd parties. Can you give me more details about this concern? Thanks,

Thank you @loginerror and @mircea for your replies, however, there seem to contradict one another regarding whether testing is done on 3rd party code or not. Could you please clarify which is true? My concern is whether the 3rd party code is tested and secure to use in the software used by firms based on the standards of UIPath

Also interested in knowing this. Any clarification whether components uploaded by 3rd party are tested?

1 Like

Hi @kaydine.santuyo

There is a solid FAQ that explains that here:
https://go.uipath.com/help/frequently-asked-questions/general-concerns-as-consumers#-i-am-highly-concerned-about-using-content-from-the-uipath-go!,-as-it-is-not-trusted-content-and-it-will-not-pass-through-our-enterprise-it-security-regulations.

1 Like

Hi @loginerror
Clearly answered. Thanks a lot for sharing the link!

1 Like