What is the best way to handle timing in output

Hi Friends

I have an automation that trying to get the list of product installed in the computer
my Problem is how can i know if the command is done getting all the list product in the computer.The only thing that i did to counter the issue is setting a delay to it and i know its not the best practice. Anyone thoughts please .:smiley:

cheers :smiley:

Happy learning :smiley:

2 Likes

@pattyricarte Are you Using Console?

1 Like

Hi @supermanPunch

Thank you for your swiftly reponse.By the way im using the command Propmt

3 Likes

@pattyricarte So After you execute the command, whats at the end of your output
?

1 Like

It will create the list of Installed program in computer .The problem is i want to know if theres a way how to handle the timing issue.Because after getting all the list of the program .I will print it to csv files.Thats it.

3 Likes

@pattyricarte At the end you will get the prompt option again to execute other commands right?

yes like this after getting all the installed program.

2 Likes

@pattyricarte You can use this to detect if your previous command is completed or Not anf thenm proceed other task :grinning:

Yes @supermanPunch so how can i detect if it is done or not.

2 Likes

@pattyricarte You can try using the activity OCR Text Exists

Yes i will try that but my problem is the text is generic for every users. like in the image below.

2 Likes

@pattyricarte Yes I know :sweat_smile: but if it works, then you can Proceed with it. Make sure to Keep WaitForReady Property to Complete, In all the activities Applicable.

1 Like

But, this part seems to be specific:

When you get that prompt, then the output/listing is done. So, you can use OCR Text Exists for that specific line.

1 Like

yes @supermanPunch thank you for your swiftly response. you may have the credit …Many thanks.

2 Likes

@pattyricarte Please Try for all cases, cause when i tried here, i didnt get what i expected. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sure no worries @supermanPunch thanks to your idea.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.