Perform the following troubleshooting steps and restart QuickBooks services on the server computer in order to fix the error H505 in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Move to your server computer.
- Click on the Windows Start Menu.
- Type “Run” into the search box and open Run.
- Within the Run window, type “services.msc” and then press Enter.
- Search and double-click QuickBooksDBXX on the list, where XX denotes your QuickBooks version.
- Choose Automatic for the Startup Type.
- Ensure the Service status is either Running or Started. If it’s neither Running nor Started, choose Start.
- Move to the Recovery tab.
- Under the First failure, second failure and subsequent failure drop-down menu, choose Restart the service option.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Follow the same steps to check the QBCF monitor service.
Need expert’s help? Call us on our toll-free number (1.800.579.9430) and talk to the QuickBooks support team.