Hi, Apologies for long and wordy topic. But it was inevitable.
Actual question : How to replace a Nuget Package in UiPath workflow when there is code change in code activity inside referred nuget package?
Suppose I am having a NuGet package CustomPackageV1.Activties (CustomPackageV1.Actvities.184.108.40.206.nupkg) referred in my workflow as a custom activity. This CustomPackageV1.Activities is made of CustomCodeActvity.dll.
Now suppose there is code change happened in CustomCodeActvity.dll.
What is the recommended way of replacing CustomPackage (CustomPackageV1.Actvities.220.127.116.11.nupkg) referred in my UiPath Workflow so that new CustomActivity.dll is correctly referred?
I was facing kind of caching issue in doing this. So I am doing through a long way like :
- Delete Custom activity reference from my workflow.
- Uninstall CustomPackageV1.Actvities activity Nuget package
- Delete CustomPackage source from “Manage Packages” dialog box. (Say C:\Demo\MyCustompackages)
- Create brand new CustomPackage source from “Manage Packages” dialog box. (Say C:\Demo\MyCustompackages_New)
- Through NuGet package Explorer, create new Nuget package (CustomPackageV2.Actvities.18.104.22.168.nupkg) for modified CustomActivity.dll and place it in newly created custom package source i.e. C:\Demo\MyCustompackages_New
- Now I am able to get new functionality in my workflow.
If I don;t do above steps, I get old functionality only. Kind of caching issue.
So again my question is: what is recommended way to replace modified code activity nuget package