What is function of the execution slots in the machine template property

Dear all,

I bit confuse about function of execution in the machine template property in the OC.
my understanding is
for example:
if I set 3 slots, only 3 robots able to run a process in the same time even you have provisioned 4 Robots.

correct me if I am wrong?

thank you,
Indra

Hi @irahmat ,

Assistant will not allow you to connect if three license already utilized, it will popup error message “No license available”.

Hi Manoj,

thank you for your answer.

let’s say you have utilized 4 Robots and set 3 slots. ignore about ‘No licenses available’
and you run a process by 4 Robots in one machine template in HD Environments

what will happen?

Not sure on this.
This is real based problem, never faced this.

Wait for others answer.

Thanks.

Hi

Robot service gets triggered for first three triggered process and process will run fine for three and fourth will not do any thing is what I have observed once
If we have another concurrent runtime license it will also run or it will be in pending state until the runtime is over for any of the running robot

That is if you have four processes running one machine (windows server with multiple account with three concurrent runtime license) then first three process will run and fourth one will be in pending state till runtime license is available

@irahmat

1 Like

Hi Palaniyappan,

my understanding same as you but let’s go to the real problem what I was facing yesterday.

what have happened yesterday, the 4 robots running at the same time.

I used the cloud Orchestrator v21.6.x

This controls the “Concurrent” runtime execution slots available to a machine. So if you have it set for 5 Slots and have provisioned 6 Robots on the machine. When you attempt to start more than 5 Jobs simultaneously the 6th job will go into a pending state until a slot frees up.

And then you can see here after I stopped one of the jobs, the pending job was picked up.

The above was done when I selected six specific robots. If you used dynamic allocation, it would show Pending allocation for the Robot and Pending for the Job State

1 Like