What changes are needed when UiPath database is relocated to another MSSQL server instance?
The article is relevant for all the Orchestrator versions except 2020.10 ones.
Make below change in IIS.
1. On Orchestrator machine, open Command prompt and perform a ping on SQL Server. This is just to make sure SQL Server is being reached from Orchestrator machine.
2. Open IIS and select UiPath Orchestrator website. Then double-click on Connection Strings
3. Double click on Default to open a window that contains database info
4. Provide SQL Server details as needed -
5. Perform an IIS Reset
6. Browse Orchestrator URL and make sure everything works as expected.
Studio and Robot doesn’t interact with database at all, it’s always Orchestrator.
However, if there are any workflows that use Database activities (UiPath.Database.Activities package) and connect to same database as Orchestrator, make changes to the workflow (connection string as show below) and re-publish the package to Orchestrator