Week 1: Understand what you can automate

Here’s my attempt. Hope this is correct.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: I am already stuck on the second step. How do I tell my bot to use the correct excel?

A post was split to a new topic: My autofill to bring in excel value doesn’t pick up the value. I confirmed is reading correct excel file and it writes the txn id back OK. But when it clicks into the fields - autofill isnt bring in the value. Why?

A post was split to a new topic: If I use the “Use Excel File” resource it opens the correct Excel File, but the “Get Text” action doesn’t work

A post was split to a new topic: There is a little mistake in the Reboot Your Skill course

A post was split to a new topic: I am presented with the following error when sending the email; apparently it does not allow to attach the .xlsx file since it is open. (Es posible que el archivo ya esta abierto o que no tenga permiso para abrirlo)

A post was split to a new topic: It appears that a lot of the issues I am encountering are due to lack of instructions or applications not functioning properly

Working properly.

great exercise, thanks

Love the exercise. A complete robot flow helps a lot!

Works Perfect.

A post was split to a new topic: The indicated element does not belong to the target application

This exercise was beneficial for me in so many ways. I’ve done research and watched so many youtube videos trying to figure out a good way to document complex processes for the human and for the bot.

In this single exercise I learned a simple, but efficient, way to document both a human and a robot path - and it was so satisfying (as a beginner) to easily create an automation while following steps from a properly written diagram.

1 Like

Great learning

Working properly.

Yes, I believe using post-it notes on a whiteboard will help in breaking tasks down appropriately.

I enjoyed the latest challenge, and found that the path I followed was: Use Application (Outlook) [+ Use Excel] + Use Application (Outlook), and not the path followed in previous illustrations.

Yet, I suppose there will be more to know on how to create faster automation.

The excercises are really good, well thought out and learning lots by doing them. I have been unable to get my outlook account working with the StudioX activities, started a separate string in the Studio online forum. Hopefully that gets figured out soon.

I can see now the importance of having all the details in de Robot Path, otherwise I would not be able to create the RPA. Really good exercise!

Great! Got it right the first time and everything is working as expected creating the robot in StudioX from the robot path. Thanks