Week 1: Understand what you can automate

So far StudioX has been great!

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: When starting this flow in studio I receive the error below. Message: WorkflowIdentity.Name and Package cannot contain leading or trailing white space (Unicode character categories Zl, Zp, or Zs)

3 posts were split to a new topic: Hi, I am having trouble sending outlook file. I receive the message: We can’t open…. the file is already open

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: I loved this exercise, but like others I’m struggling with getting it to actually send the email. I’m getting the following error: Outlook account: {x:Null} And: Send Outlook Email: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: address

3 posts were split to a new topic: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {0006F03A-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 8008005 Server execution failed

3 posts were split to a new topic: DoubleUI stays open after running the workflow. Is it possible to tell the bot to close it?

4 posts were split to a new topic: Hi, I am bit frustrated with the lack of instructions

2 posts were split to a new topic: Hi, I am doing the RobotPath: Transaction Processing exercise but I can’t seem to do the last 2 steps

Very nice exercise! Like it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good exercise to show the importance of mapping the Robot Path. Precision is key when creating the Bot as it can only do what to “tell” it to and without proper mapping of the process the automation my fail.

Actually it’s quite logical to have the steps as granular as possible, otherwise you will not be able to translate it to a Robot. The example is quite useful, also the Double UI app can help with mimiking the use of an ERP app.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: I am not able to capture fields

Every time I complete a task, I get more and more exited. The Robot Path exercise, more than a task was an eye opener. Really cool!!

Thanks for the detailed exercises! Learning more by doing.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Silly question, do we actually send an email to sam.barnes@uipath.com or just send it to any random email we’d like?

This one was really fun, especially since I had to opportunity to go back and try to identify a mistake. I kept looking at the e-mail that did not leave the drafts folder, until I realized I forgot to uncheck the Save to drafts box.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: I have the application in the outside frame and embedded the excel resource into it, and following that the outlook resource. Would it work other way around as well?

A post was merged into an existing topic: I had to use Application/Browser option to use my gmail account because Outlook automation was not reliable

Works perfect in my case :slight_smile: