Week 1: Tools for Building Automation

This was easy :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Prisiyah,

Thank you! Your suggestion worked for me as an alternate solution. I had tried on two different computers but could not get the target to stick after using F2.

After that I used your suggestion of shortcut keys Alt+E+P. I used this with the Type Into activity, Special Keys then “ep”.

By any chance do you know how to use the special keys when have to be pressed at the same time? For example, using the Special key Ctrl and hold it while clicking v to paste.

1 Like

In trying to compare and contrast studio and studio x, I prefer the flexibility that studio has. For instance, when I wanted to copy and paste the strong password into the notepad using studio x, it took me a while to do it, where as it was quite straight forward on Studio.

Studio seems a bit op for doing a copy paste that is made in seconds with StudioX

It would automate processes with a higher level of complexity in UipathStudio, where there is the interaction of different applications, technological tools and the user requires a high workload. Examples that can be automated in UiPath studio are:

• Process invoicing of suppliers that physically enter a company, so OCR readers would be needed to encode the information that needs to be structured and processed later.
  • Correction of reports and reports, where it is necessary to identify patterns or characteristics in the information that must be cleaned, so it is required to incorporate a series of algorithms for automatic processing.

Amazing with both Studios! Very happy with the progress. :slight_smile:

Hi Ann!

The key recorder will save the combination that you press. If the keys are combined, you will see them with “+”. In the picture attached, I pressed separately and then combined Ctrl & A.

I hope my answer helps.

Cosmin.

1588025190632blob.png

1 Like

Ahh yes, thanks for the clarification Cosmin! That’s it exactly… I didn’t realize there was a key recorder (or Keyboard Shortcuts) available. I had been trying to use Special Keys which is something different, but Keyboard shortcut works perfectly.

A post was split to a new topic: It got an error below Main.xaml: This activity cannot be added inside a Use Application/Browser activity

Madam, I am in Bangalore, I need some help with Studio X , can you help me. I am still trying to fix a problem with send e-mail assignment. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks

on StudioX I was able to recreate password generation using “save for later”. Howeve could not do the copy / paste :(.

I would like to automate business processes in SAP using FIORI screens. Does UI path support FIORI automation ?

I am intrigued by the functionality of Studio. I have slight experience with coding, but I can see in Studio that the settings/options for each activity are not just a matter of knowing how to code. I will be teaching RPA to university accounting majors with no coding experience, so I will focus on StudioX for now. Thank you for introducing this no-code option.

1 Like

if anyone can help me with a non-technical answer. is the course closing its pages after the 4 weeks time? As I am still thriving with the third week, having so much to work for my job (24h a day) did not had enough time to finish the week, so I am about one week behind. My friend is having same issue, as she is having exams this month. Could not find anything in the QA section about this part, when is the last day we can finish the course. thanks in advance

Hi @Cosmin_Toma

Please see here:

yes. would like to learn more Studio

The comparison and transition of StudioX and Studio was done in an easy-to-understand approach. Great work!