Week 1: Build your first Robot

I last used UiPath Studio on August 2019 and I must say, the StudioX is like a quantum leap! I can see business users everywhere use it on their own with much much less learning curve and less involvement from IT dept.

I can imagine it is used for the following example:

1. report creation
  2. automating regular email like billing, invoice,
  3. setting up laptop to be “work-ready” every time it is turned on, i.e. open outlook inbox, play certain playlist on spotify, open websites, etc. It would be cool!
1 Like

Hello, I referred to the first Demo - CurrencyConverter. There are few more steps needed to automate that. :smiley:

It’s something called Excel For Each Row function

I thought that was a great way to break the ice and introduce users to the automation world.

Really great!

But I need help with running multiple cells.

Let’s just say I’m one week late

Very Cool! Loved it!

It was interesting because I did not use the recorder.

Anyone else receiving the error when you update the name? It seems to work at first but if I change the name, i have to re-point the Get Text task and run it again.

The program was easy to use and follow. I can think of so many ways to simplify things on a daily basis.

1. Pulling journal entry data from an email into the template
  2. Emailing out reminder emails for end of the month transactions
  3. Organizing files after uploads are complete.

I tried using the “Excel for Each Row” but couldn’t get that to work out. Anyone play around with that?

Could you please share your solution? I have been trying to run for multiple rows, but keep getting an error for the “Get Text” activity, and the bot does not run beyond the first row.

Thanks!

Hello,

i can try to help you with your project, because i can’t find mine. it would be easier if you could put here a print screen to see where the problem is.

Cheers :slight_smile:

Amazing

Great, based on this exercise it occurred to me to implement a very simple automation
where there is an application in which we take the information of copy and paste
important fields on an excel sheet. with this you could automate the capture of these
fields and specified directly without picking one by one.

Hi All,

While going through the initial steps of reboot your skills program, I installed the new version of Uipath studio as instructed in the program and started automating the first process i.e. Unicorn name generation.
But I am facing a few new problems with this new version of Uipath.

1. Unable to run the process, getting the following error:
    “RemoteException wrapping System.Exception: Job stopped with unexpected exit code: 0x000000FF”
  2. An issue with excel.
    Under Type into activity, while selecting the ‘indicate in excel’ option, the uipath studio itself suddenly stops working.
    I tried by restarting it again and again but the issue still exists.
    Kindly provide solution so that I can proceed further with my learning program.

This was a great introduction. Need to practice on CurrencyConvertere as it keeps getting stuck on the Get Text activity when it is looking up the forex rates. It would be great too if there is an intro on how to set this up directly with Gmail instead of Outlook.

Sure…

Hi,

first of all you need to put a excel file in the first activity, in witch it will search for the names and if the excel has headers, you must click on the “has headers” in the excel for each row activity.
Then it should work.

I have put the excel file, it just doesn’t show in the screenshot I sent to you. It still doesn’t work.

Hi, i think i found the problem.

in your case, the problem is that you need to swamp the use browser with excel for each row. The activities should be like this: Use excel file-Use browser-Excel for each row and then you go forward with the rest. I hope that will do the trick. If not, i can share my project maybe it helps.