Week 1: Build your first Robot

The Unicorn Name generator was a fun exercise :grinning:
I added more “people” records into the spreadsheet and used the Excel For Each Row action, a ran into a slight snag where if the generated Unicorn Name for a person was longer than the Unicorn name that was initially used as a target, I’d get an error. I got around that error by reducing the Selector Accuracy from the default value of 0.7. Just wondering if there are guidelines for appropriate Selector Accuracy values to use?

Thank you, then it worked fine, but interesting approach you brought up, thank you again

Im feel happy with this course, is amazing!!! It is my first interaction with RPA and I love it! Thanks!!! :smile:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Get Text ‘DIV’ (N Get Text) failed: Could not find the user-interface (UI) element for this action

Oh wow. I thoroughly enjoyed building my first robot. I used that knowledge to copy a Microsoft Form repeatedly (meaning that I learnt to use the Repeat Number of Times activity without/before being taught :grin:).

If StudioX community is this powerful, I am really curious about what Studio itself is capable of. :crossed_fingers:t4:

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: While building my first project >Unicorn Name >> Type into >> Indicate on Excel > Ui Path Studio X crashes automatically - Job stopped with an unexpected exit code: 0xC0000005

A post was split to a new topic: I tried to repeat this for multiple rows, nut unsuccessful. Each time I ran the file, it only returned value for the first row. Could you please advise how you did it?

A post was merged into an existing topic: I tried to repeat this for multiple rows, nut unsuccessful. Each time I ran the file, it only returned value for the first row. Could you please advise how you did it?

Great learning experience during Week 1!

1 Like

HI

1. Comparing weather forecast from diferent site
  2. Geeitng daily update on COVID data for most interesting areas
  3. Looking for daily best prices for something I’d like to buy
1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Why do I get these errors when I’m trying to run my automation in Build your first robot?

Wonderful learning content.

2 Likes

I had a lot of difficulty working out of onedrive. This might b syncing issue on my computer but found it a lot easier to work stratigh from the computer

A post was split to a new topic: Why my course status still in progress? I already completed the course

Hi, I just finished my exercise “Find your unicorn name” :partying_face: :sunglasses:… I’m very impress how Robotic works… :heart_eyes:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: When I try to RUN the project I receive a below error. Could not find the user-interface (UI) element for this action

Hi,
Well explained and got the hands on session through video session which is very good.
Thank you.
Hitendra Panchal

Potential RPA uses:

1. Grab GPA from university website to confirm scholarship application data
  2. Scrape public-domain enrollment statistics to include in a table
  3. Populate faculty evaluation report with publicly-released teaching ratings

I did my first exercise but struggled a bit.

Other projects:

1. Open last page in the book I was reading
  2. Calulate income tax
  3. Make multiple phone calls and say Good morning