Week 1: Build your first Robot

One important step in Rebooting your Skills is engaging with your peers who follow along the same journey. You’ve built your first robot today!

What 3 automation examples can you think of that would impact you the most - either for learning impact - or just save you doing a lot of work! Time for a collective brainstorm.
Example:

1. Sending an automatic email to a group when someone contributes a new forum post.
  2. Emailing a supervisor a report that was downloaded and processed.
  3. Cleaning up your local folders.

For any technical question, or to provide ‌feedback, please create a new topic in our Reboot Your Skill category here.

6 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Still can’t use addins (Specially, “indicate” in Excel file) for now. But the workaround in specifying the cell works

11 posts were split to a new topic: How can I fill not a cell but a range of cells?

Really nice exercise to start off! :smiley:

I see great potential in non-value adding activities such as sending an email to the supplier confirming the order introduced in SAP, for example. Small changes that may generate a big impact, saving time and money to many companies.

Excited about what comes next!

2 Likes

This was a great start. I really enjoyed it :slight_smile:

really nice, easy to use platform. 1st try quite cool

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: I am using uipath community version. The feel and look totally diff. Any suggestions?

11 posts were split to a new topic: When I am trying to “Indicate in Excel” , it is giving an error as “Failed to connect to the UiPath Excel Add-in.”

A post was split to a new topic: I’m not seeing Use Excel file as an option in the activities and I’m not seeing an excel extension under the the tools part of the menu

7 posts were split to a new topic: I’m trying to TYPE into application FROM the excel I selected, but it opens another excel called “Project notebook”. Do you have any hints on that?

Hi everyone! It was so cool building my first robot albeit with help, but that’s the learning process! I had a few ideas for real world automation that could be helpful.

1.) Cash flows for budgeting purposes.
2.) Stocks and the Dow.
3.) Subscriptions for products and services.

Thank you!

5 Likes

Amazing!!

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Hi. I have a problem where the main.xaml file in the “First Automation - CurrencyConverter.zip” gives an error “Project is incompatible with StudioX profile” when attempting to open

Hi everyone , very excited to be part of this program

3 posts were split to a new topic: I’m locked when i tried to click on the “start” button in the “build your first robot” part nothing happen so i can’t go ahead, please help me

3 posts were split to a new topic: I initially had an issue with excel not opening ("System.Exception: Error opening workbook. Make sure is installed’’), however after some searching I managed to resolve the issue

Hi there, I just finished my 1st exercise and I’m pretty impressed how Robotic works. looking forward to proceeding with this course :smiley:

1 Like

Great first exercise! Looking forward to learning more.

Hi everyone, I am all new to the automation world; this is my first time trying StudioX, and it is really simple.
I had some practice in Studio, but this is even more simple.
Glad to see ll the topics this trainings bring.

1 Like