Week 1: Automating Word

Outstanding exercise with Word!!

I like the last exercise… able to put everything together

Good Exercise. Enjoyed RPA experience for the first week!. Looking forward for the next week

Excelent end of week 1.

Excellent end of week 1 and everything was went well on first run :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Copying text from excel into the word template worked for me However, I tried to do the same using a browser page to copy the text, but this did not work for m

A post was split to a new topic: It’s been frustrating not have StudioX listen to what you’re trying to recreate, the platform seems to be buggy. There are also no step by step guidance on the actual activities that we need to perform

Awesome working with Words, Excel and Google. Looking forward for week2 :slight_smile:

This section is one of the most interesting part, because most of our daily routine uses Word.
The whole week’s exercise was great, the only drawback is that I couldnt run on Outlook. Apart from that, it was a good experience.

I also try to use studio ( not Studio ) to work on the contract for sale exercise. Realize there are many action/activities are name very different. I am a developer, I though I should use studio. Do we suppose to stay in one ( either Studio or studioX )?

final example was good, had the opportunity to recap on previous examples by getting data from google… being new to Automation, i am really enjoying this and will definitely take this further as a skill. thanks UiPath

2 posts were split to a new topic: Error: The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A (RPC_E_SERVERCALL

Finally everything comes together. Thanks.

That was a great exercise for the end of week 1 and it gave me a few ideas for the potential implementation of RPA in one of my projects.

Can’t wait for what’s next!

A post was split to a new topic: The highlighted sections in the word document didn’t went away even after the ‘replace’ actions were executed. Is there an action that can take out highlighted sections?

This exercise was great!

I like the structure of this class, it is allowing me to build on top of the previous learnt concepts.

Playing catch up a bit - Week 1 was great. I had a little difficulty on the last practice getting the bot to recognize the exchange rate field in my browser for my Get Text “INPUT” as a target, but figured it out. I have already started brainstorming tasks in my department that would be a good match with this technology. Looking forward to Week 2.

2 Likes

Hei guys! Learned a lot of new stuff and i’m very exited :smiley:
Regarding the final exercise, i got stuck. I don’t know how i take the currency from google and insert it into the excel and all column.
Can someone provide some insight please?

Thanks! :smiley:

I had some technical difficulties over the past couple of days. This put me behind a little but I plan on catching up by the weekend.