Week 1: Automating Word

Great set of examples to run through. Very clear on what is required to get it working 100%. Looking forward to the next 3 weeks!

3 Likes

Finished with Week 1! Already been a great experience.

3 Likes

Great 1st week… completed all examples and practice projects. Good luck everyone!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: No such thing as a blank template for StudioX. You’re probably using this wrongly

Very interesting, gave me a lot of ideas … waiting for next week!

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Just finished this exercise and I wanted to know if there is an easier way to link the word and the excel data by name, instead of using “replace text” for x times

This is nice, it somehow copies the Mail Merge functionality from Word but adding more interesting stuff to it!

1 Like

Interesting practice, i’ve done the test but i did not receive the result as in the picture, because i have a exchange rate of 1.08 between eur and usd. I think that the example was made with another currency, maybe RON, but in the tips was used the “EUR exchange rate to USD”.

To get the exchange rate, the best way is this one?

1. Access to the Google search EUR exchange rate to USD - Google Search
  2. Copy the value to the excel
  3. Replace the value in the word with the value in the excel

Other better ideas?

Thanks.

A post was split to a new topic: If in the excel file I have 50 rows with different contacts, how can I generate 50 word contracts automatically?

Good exercise to end of the first week but bring everything we have gone through thus far together. For some activities there maybe multiple ways of doing it for example the exchange rate you could open the website directly or you could open your browser and and use type into and hit enter. Guess it depends on which is the most efficient way when creating the automation and also on the circumstances. Looking forward to the next week.

Cool

4 posts were split to a new topic: I followed along with the video in the ‘Automating Word Tasks’ session of the final lesson and keep receiving this error: The message filter indicated that the application is busy (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A (RPC_E_SERVICECALL

A post was split to a new topic: How to stop the robot fromit also saving the changes in the .docx Word template

4 posts were split to a new topic: The Word Doc was in a protected mode and I had to manually “enable edit” before the replacements took place. Wonder if there is a way to enable edit automatically with UiPath

A post was split to a new topic: I have one issue with the converted value of the total ( Total * ExchangeRate).It looks it doesn’t do the calculation inside the Replace text activity

2 posts were split to a new topic: I´m stuck in moving the data from excel to word → “Insert Table here”

Hi!

I’m ready to next week. This exercise has been very interesting and practical.
It’s very common to use Microsoft Word in repetitive task.

Regards

Great practice exercises! Looking forward to next week.

Hi anet,

To get the exchange rate, instead of copying the value to the Excel, I used the option “Save For Later Use” (see the joined picture).
Save_For_Later_Use

And then, I replaced the value in the Word by using the saved value.