Week 1: Automating Word

Word is one of the most used Office applications. Whether you write contracts or create a participant list, Word is an important tool.

How was this milestone for you and what will use StudioX for in your context?

For any technical question, or to provide ‌feedback, please create a new topic in our Reboot Your Skill category here.

2 Likes

Great final example to see all the aspects from the previous lessons come together as one. Also as a heads up, the human/robot path included in the zip for this practice references the previous resume example.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, Devin! And congrats for finalizing the first week content already! :star2:

my main concern with every RPA is how it works with different file layouts. For example one file has 10 lines, the other - 5 lines and all needs to be processed. also maybe there is a way to use anchors in word documents in order to replace mandatory fields. But i really hope that we will learn this in future training sessions.

thanks

Already looking forward to week 2!

3 Likes

Thank you for the opportunity to discover RPA, see you next week!

3 Likes

Great set of examples to run through. Very clear on what is required to get it working 100%. Looking forward to the next 3 weeks!

3 Likes

Finished with Week 1! Already been a great experience.

3 Likes

Great 1st week… completed all examples and practice projects. Good luck everyone!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: No such thing as a blank template for StudioX. You’re probably using this wrongly

Very interesting, gave me a lot of ideas … waiting for next week!

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Just finished this exercise and I wanted to know if there is an easier way to link the word and the excel data by name, instead of using “replace text” for x times

This is nice, it somehow copies the Mail Merge functionality from Word but adding more interesting stuff to it!

1 Like

Interesting practice, i’ve done the test but i did not receive the result as in the picture, because i have a exchange rate of 1.08 between eur and usd. I think that the example was made with another currency, maybe RON, but in the tips was used the “EUR exchange rate to USD”.

To get the exchange rate, the best way is this one?

1. Access to the Google search EUR exchange rate to USD - Google Search
  2. Copy the value to the excel
  3. Replace the value in the word with the value in the excel

Other better ideas?

Thanks.

A post was split to a new topic: If in the excel file I have 50 rows with different contacts, how can I generate 50 word contracts automatically?

Good exercise to end of the first week but bring everything we have gone through thus far together. For some activities there maybe multiple ways of doing it for example the exchange rate you could open the website directly or you could open your browser and and use type into and hit enter. Guess it depends on which is the most efficient way when creating the automation and also on the circumstances. Looking forward to the next week.

Cool

4 posts were split to a new topic: I followed along with the video in the ‘Automating Word Tasks’ session of the final lesson and keep receiving this error: The message filter indicated that the application is busy (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A (RPC_E_SERVICECALL