Website's auto-listing search box automation

Hi Uipathians,

I am sure the question am about to ask should be a simple one for UIPro here(certainly not for me though).

With reference to the below image, when I manually enter a user’s data(for eg Email Id) in the search box, the list of users matching with the id appear in the table below - automatically.
But when the UIPath workflow enters the id, nothing happens!

I am not sure how am I going in the wrong direction/what else the website requires to enlist the users.

Can anybody please help me out!

Thanks!

did you use set text or type into activity ? Type into should give similar result as what we get when we type manually

I am using type into activity.
“Type into should give similar result as what we get when we type manually” - same is my assumption!

I was somehow able to solve this problem yesterday by sending Hotkey ‘Enter’ but again its not working today. It seems as if sending Enter as the hotkey is not working consistently or may be am not able to understand it properly.
Any help in this is highly required and appreciated.
Thanks!

@arivu96
@farhan94
@nadim.warsi
@loginerror
@Rammohan91
(Apologies for tagging you all - seeking help on this - a bit more than urgent!)

Thanks again!

@Akanksha_Varshney Use type into activity and choose enter from + icon in the same activity

have you enabled simulateClick property ?

This solution has worked for me at this time.
Hoping this will remain consistent tomorrow too - when my data changes.
Thanks @indra!

1 Like

Yes - this property is enabled for me.

I am afraid that this solution is again not working.
It just lists the ‘recently searched’ data and not the one being searched at the moment.

Just a note - The search box is designed in such a way that when I start manually typing the email id, it starts showing the matching results along with the typing(does not even require an Enter to list down the results)

But I don’t understand why this does not repeat when Robot starts typing into it?

How/why does it treat both the cases differently?

@indra @nadim.warsi

@Akanksha_Varshney In the type into activity selectors are changing dynamically use ui explorer and make it as stable selectors

disable SimulateClick and try. It should work. Reason without simulate the typeinto is humanly so i think the auto-populate script works then. Cant be really sure but i think you can try that once.

1 Like

This didn’t work @nadim.warsi

I assume trying to make it more stable will make sense if somehow was not able to get the search text into the search box. My current problematic area is only the display result (and eventually clicking on the desired result)

Also, I did try to stabilise the search text too - but to no different results

@indra

Im confused. Is your selector giving error? Or you auto-list is not working when using bot typeinto?

If there is issue with typeinto box, then one way is run the bot couple of times and each time let the element be there and try and get its selector
Once you do that you will get the variation of the attributes.

Same logic you can apply to the search result.

If possible share your current selector(not working) and create new activity and get the new selector and paste both.

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion!
Is your selector giving error? Or you auto-list is not working when using bot typeinto?
Out of the above two - its the latter - my auto-list is not working when using typeinto.

If there is issue with typeinto box, then one way is run the bot couple of times and each time let the element be there and try and get its selector
Once you do that you will get the variation of the attributes
What do you exactly mean by this? Let the same element be there or try with different elements?(The element that I understand here is the email id of the user that am trying to search data of)
Let me know if am wrong!

I doubt I can share the whole of XAML that I have.
But the data that am fetching resides on a public domain - https://app.hubspot.com
The search box lies on its landing page where I am supposed to search users by entering their email id.

Let me know if this helps in any way.
Thanks a ton for all the great help!

@nadim.warsi