Webpage automation

Good morning team,

I have a couple of questions.

A little background:

I am creating a bot to process through a web based contract system. Part of what it is doing is searching for specific contract line item entries access many different contracts. It then grabs all of the account information and combines it all under a new contract.

Issue 1: I have been unsuccessful in using a selector to guide the bot to click and find certain data. It might because of the way the site is designed. Due to this, I have been relying on OCR click and double click activites. These have not been the most reliable. Is there a way a I can edit the selector to the degree that it will work without using OCR?

Here is an example of a Selector I get when trying to use the click activitiy. I was trying to get the Delete button to work

button

selector=ā€˜body>form>table>tbody>tr>td>table>tbody>tr>td>div>table>tbody>tr>td>div>div>div>span>div>table>tbody>tr>td>div>div>div>table>tbody>tr>td>table>tbody>tr>td>table>tbody>tr>td>table>tbody>tr>td>table>tbody>tr>td>table>tbody>tr>td>tableā€™ parentid=ā€˜Pbe9d2697f25f4b8d970eb7c53aea8829_1_oReportCellā€™ tag=ā€˜TABLEā€™ />
selector=ā€˜body>form>table>tbody>tr>td>table>tbody>tr>td>div>table>tbody>tr>td>div>div>div>span>div>table>tbody>tr>td>div>div>div>table>tbody>tr>td>table>tbody>tr>td>table>tbody>tr>td>table>tbody>tr>td>table>tbody>tr>td>table>tbody>tr>td>table>tbody>tr>tdā€™ tableCol=ā€˜8ā€™ tableRow=ā€˜65ā€™ tag=ā€˜TDā€™ />

Issue 2:

Not all of the data is input for each line item and when I grab the data and write it to an excel file some of the columns are blank. Once I get all of the data I need I then create a new record in the system and assign the row.items to a variable. The issue is when I try to assign a blank row cell to a variable I get an error. How can I assign a blank cell to a variable and not get an error.

Here is an example.
In this case row.item(8) is blank in the excel file and when I run this I get an error.
assign

Any help would be much appreciated

1 Like

Hi @hamiltonjames

You might want to improve your selector by adjusting its properties. Most of the time you can find a property that would simply be called ā€œDeleteā€ instead of this long string of html tags.

As to the assignment of the blank string, you can use double quotes like so:

yourVariable = ""