Web URL monitoring

Ok then manually lunch your browser and wait till popup windows comes then switch back to UiPath Studio
and then use the type into activity and pass the variable you got from "Get Credentials activity.

Thank you…

1. what need to be done to wait for popup as we don’t know how long it would take? Or it’s also possible that it would not show due to network issues etc.
  2. Has there been any activity to capture screen shots of web page once it open completely.
  3. Need to find how to check if webpage open completely as webpage is very dynamic. we can’t rely on element exist propery. any thoughts on this?

Hi,
Here goes the approach.
1.If you don’t know how long it will take then you can use On Element Appear activity If it doesn’t show up sometime due to network issue then pass the “True” Boolean value in the property ContinueOnError.
2.Use TakeScreenShot Activity to capture the specific UIElement.
3.first approach use On element vanish(A container that enables you to perform one or multiple actions after a specified UI element vanishes.) indicate reload icon as the target (reload icon apears only when page is completely loaded) .Second approach In the Target property we have option called “WaitForReady.” change the status from "Interactive toComplete.

3 Likes

Thank you… It would be helpful!!

regarding point 3#, somehow on element vanish doesn’t recognize reload icon as the target. tried second approach as well and it’s not working either.

check this out.
Please change the url according to your requirement and test it.
loadpage.xaml (10.8 KB)

PS:Browser :chrome

1 Like

thank you, it’s working fine with Image Exists element. Only problem is that, you have hard coded time to load page in code, if webpage load completely with this time then it would find image otherwise not. Can we avoid to hard code time in code, rather than we want to delay until webpage load completely. Not sure why On Element Vanish option not working

Hello Team, Any suggestion on this?

Hi, Does this works for if the browser is not loading and i want it to reload then to continue with the next activity?

Give a try. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Thanks for the prompt reply! I am really lost and may I know how ImageExist works?

Hi,
Image Exist Checks if an image is found within the specified UI element.
It returns the boolean as the output which can be used for validating the condition.
(eg:
if varImagExist=True
{
Reload
}
Else
{
Continue with next activity
}

Default timeout 3sec.

Refer

Do you have a sample solution to my question? I am a rookie with uipath. i did smth like this. but i cant upload it here… they say new user cant upload it

I tried using this activity called retry scope. So first i drag out “Retry scope” after linking with the start button.
2. inside the retry scope under action i added " Open browser" and in the condition i uses image exist to captured the part where it say “…DNS Server not found etc”
i have not set the output and variable yet

Retries the contained activities as long as the condition is not met or an error is thrown.
what’s the trouble workflow not working as expected?

As i would like to download some documents from a particular website. and sometimes the website will be down. So i would like UIPath to automatically refresh the browser if such stuff happens.

Sorry I am really new to UIPath…

Hi @pingggggg,

You could use Refresh Browser activity for yout purpose:

refreshBrowser

Regards,
Susana

Hi @Susana yes i know. but i do not know how to let uipath know only refresh browser when the site failed to load.

I am unsure on how to use the IF activity etc too as well as the variable

Hi,
This will help you.
world’s first open online training platform for RPA users.

Happy Automation.