Web-Scraping Issue

Hi everyone. I am working on a WEB-SCRAPING project. I am scraping data like product Name, Price, Rating, and URL from Flipkart. I am focusing only on electronic products. I am performing data analysis on the extracted data and drawing graphs and stuff.
So, when I am fetching the product name, I am getting the whole description which I cannot use in the graph because it is too long. Is there any way, I can scrape only the model name? Would really appreciate it if the solution is generic to all electronic products. I have also attached a sample data table for reference. Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Divya Kulkarni.

Hi @Divya_Kulkarni,

After scraping, you can run a split function on your product name column and split it into 2 parts on basis of hyphen (-) and then just use/replace with the first part, leave rest.

I believe that what constitutes product name(before - symbol) , right?

Regards
Sonali

1 Like

Hi @sonaliaggarwal47,
Yes, that will work. Also, can I apply this in the data table stage itself, i.e. before writing in the csv file? If yes, Can how please tell me how can I add another data column to store the model name? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Divya.

Hi @Divya_Kulkarni,

Yes, I meant doing it on datatable itself.

You can use Add new Column activity for datatable.

Regards
Sonali

1 Like

Hi @sonaliaggarwal47,
Thanks a lot. I will work on it.

Regards,
Divya.

@Divya_Kulkarni,

Glad I could help :slight_smile:

Regards
Sonali

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.