Web recording doesn work anymore

Hi,

I developed a workflow that used to work just fine until today. The workflow was opening Chrome and logging in an app. Now the workflow just opens the browser goes to the login page and then after about 30 seconds an error pops up. It should instead type in the Username and password and then click on Login as it used to do so in the past. I am thinking that maybe it has to do with the recent Windows updates but I don’t know. Has anyone else seen this error? If so, how do you fix it?

Also, if i start any kind of recording, Web recording, Basic, Desktop, UI Path is not able to find any element in the browser so I am unable to create any other new workflows.

Error: "Create Emails Project has thrown an exception

Source: Action Type into ‘INPUT ZLoginUserName’

Message: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Exception Type: ElementOperationException

UiPath.Core.ElementOperationException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.Get(String bstrAttr)
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.Get(String attribute, Boolean refresh)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)"

@bogdan.pirsan Do you install chrome extension?

Yes, the extension was already there. I removed it and then added it again, had a 3 second hope that it will work again but then the behavior was the same. I ended up re-configuring everything in the IE browser but we all now how good of a browser IE is.

In any case it seems that every time Windows updates the extension stops working. I guess that after some time it is being fixed by the developers but this is a really bad thing. I guess IE is the one to go for all web apps.

Thanks,
Bogdan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.