Web pages Collection using UI Robot

Hi Team,

I got to know about UI Path from a post on web. I am super excited and hopeful to know that UI Path might actually help me in collecting the Web links. For example, we often get requests from our clients to print the web pages like www.google.com, www.yahoo.com, etc. as PDF files.
So, we follow the following sequence currently to collect/print the webpages:

1. The client provides the weblinks in the text file.
  2. We copy all the links and paste in the chrome browser tabs
  3. We print each tab manually (painful) to save as PDF.

I would greatly appreciate if you can throw some light on this and let me know if I can really run all of these steps as a sequence using UIPath.

Thanks,
Kiran

Hi @kiran_vissa

You described a perfect example of how UiPath should be used, mainly to automate mundane tasks :slight_smile:

As a start, you should look into the basic Foundation Training on our Academy: https://academy.uipath.com/
It will give you a nice, well, foundation on basic functionalities of the software :slight_smile:

For now, I can break down your process into these steps:

1. Load list of links from the Excel file to an array of strings
  2. Open Browser with some default web page (you will need it later on)
  3. Use a For Each loop to iterate through each string in the array
  4. Within the loop, navigate to your URL and create a sequence to save the web page as PDF. Such sequence can be done via the Record tool, but you will learn more about it via the Academy

You can research each of those steps on the forum as there is plenty of information here :slight_smile:

I hope it is helpful :slight_smile: