Web Automation -- IE -- Unable to check Checkboxes having sub categories and/or not visible on screen

Dear team,

I’m automating a process where we’ve a need to select Business Unit (BU) using checkbox. List of BUs are inside a frame which also has a scroll bar

Here are my challenges:

• Unable to check the value which is not visible in the screen but needs be scrolled down
    Ex: Need to select BU named "Ajay Goel STG " which is not visible on screen. See attached image for reference

• Some of the BUs have Sub BUs which are visible only when expanded. How do we get control of the same?
    Ex: Need to select BU named "Ajay Goel 1 " which is seen only when " Ajay Goel STG " is expanded. See attached image for reference.

Could you please help me with the most efficient way to do the same? Note: The BUs listed would be extremely dynamic and Sub BU can have an additional Sub BU)

Any help on the same would be greatly appreciated.

Kindly revert for any clarifications.

Thanks,
Vinod Krishna

You can use option SimulateClick in the properties panel of Click Activity.
Even it is not visible, simulate clicks works in the background.

Thanks Karthik for your quick response. I will try and get back to you.

Regards,
Vinod Krishna

Hi Karthik,

Based on your inputs, I could see that SimulateClick was already enabled for the Click Activity.

However, I receive the following error:

Main_HBO_UserCreation has thrown an exception

Source: Anchor Find Element 'IMG ’

Exception Type: ActivityTimeoutException

UiPath.Core.Activities.ActivityTimeoutException: Activity timeout exceeded
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Regards,
Vinod Krishna

Can you verify the selector of Find Element.
It seems to be the selector is incorrect or unable to find the element.
Use Element Exists for the same and see if bot can able to find the element first.

Hi Karthik,

I used Element Exists activity and learnt that the bot is not able to find the element. I’m assuming this is because, the element is not visible unless we scroll down the list

Also, can you please let me know if there is any way where we can discuss on this issue via Screenshare and Phone call?