We are about to procure an unattended bot for Production Environment. Can someone explain me clearly how to run the bot unattended without orchestrator

Hi Everyone,

I have various doubts. Could someone patiently clarify me as We are about to move the process we developed in Salesforce to production environment and need to recommend our client to purchase an unattended bot.

We are not buying Uipath Orchestrator and only an Unattended bot to be installed in a virtual machine.

1. If client purchased unattended bot, then how the package name will be shown in Robot tray icon without connecting it to orchestrator.

2. When an Unattended bot is purchased, will it also contain uipath studio installation option and do I need to manually turn on once to make it as unattended or how the connection is made to the unattended bot for the application I developed in my PC

3. Will uipath team help us to complete the installation process in VM

Thanks,
Ulaga

1 Like

Hi @Boopathi

1. You can publish your project from Studio and then manually copy it to the unattended robot machine. It will then be visible in the Robot tray.
  2. You can activate your license using command line, see here:
    Licensing a Robot
    It is then possible to install the Studio on the unattended robot machine for debugging purpose. License wise, there can only be one installed at the time so the Studio will be using the previously activated unattended robot license.
  3. You are free to contact our support at any time for specific questions :slight_smile:

I hope it clarifies it a bit.

4 Likes

Hi @loginerror. Thank you very much for clarification. Could you please clarify my doubts and correct me if my understanding is wrong in the following questions :

1. If we procure an unattended bot(without orchestrator), uipath service will be added to windows service in running mode.
  2. If we procure an attended bot, uipath service won’t be available in windows service?.
  3. For an unattended bot, will the bot works even if remote system is locked?.

Thanks,
Ulaga

Sure,

1 and 2 - Robot is always a Windows Service. The only difference is the fact that the Enterprise edition has a Robot service that is installed for all users (and Community Edition Robot Service is only installed for the user that installed it).
See here for more information: Installing the Robot
3. Yes, as long as the Robot is installed and connected to the Orchestrator (= the machine is running).

1 Like

Thank you again @loginerror. I am in touch with support team for my other queries

1 Like

HI,

I just read this question about unattended bot.

I’m asking the same question ULA did… as i think you have missed one point to answer in clear.

ULA have asked…

1. If we procure an unattended bot(Without orchestrator), uipath service will be added to windows service in running mode.
  2. If we procure an attended bot, uipath service won’t be available in windows service?.
  3. For an unattended bot, will the bot works even if remote system is locked?.

Now read the question 1… An unattended bot (without orchestrator)
Read question 3… For an unattended bot, will the bot works even if remote system is locked?.

So can you tell if we have an unattended bot… will that bot works even if remote system is locked?

Regards,

Hi @Latif

One thing I am sure. Bot would run in locked mode only if you have orchestrator purchased & deployed bot using orchestrator otherwise the remote system need to open and active all the time.

Thanks,
Ula.