Ways to select drop down list

Hi Girish,
Can you please explain a bit. like website and how to use it.
I look at your example and have no ideal how I can apply it. Sorry, I am new with UIpath.
Thank you for sharing.
Hung

1 Like

Hi @hungdo,

To select drop down list you can use select item before that give the target selector for that activity using in ndicate on screen and pass the element you wish to select as input.
For type into also same.
Whereas for find children is useful to iterate the all the values in the drop down.

Thanks
Girish

Hi Girish

I saw your other question on website

Can you help me how to select for example Click and Ship in Mail and ship dropdown list.
Many Thanks
Hung

1 Like

Hi @hungdo,

I didn’t see the drop down in the site you have provided. It is just a home page.
Could please provide me the complete navigation path for the dropdown?

Thanks

Hi Girish

In pic 1 about is the website.
and when i point my mouse to mail & ship. the list drop down. like in pic2.

Many thanks
Hung

Hi @hungdo,

It is not a drop down element, for this you can use hover and click activities.
You can also use navigate URL for the same.

Eg: For click-and-ship you can redirect here:

Thanks
Girish

1 Like

Hi Girish,
The problem is not that I can’t find the direct link to use it.
I got a problem with how to guide uipath to select the element.
In the website. normally, by moving the mouse over the mouse & ship.
the elements will drop drown.
In Uipath, I am not sure how to do it yet.
Please help.
Many thanks.
Hung

You can use two click activities with Simulate Click checked or else you can also use UI Explorer to find that particular option you want to click

1 Like

Hi @hungdo Here is working example Hover.xaml (6.7 KB)

1 Like

hi,
Please follow the below tutorial,

thanks,
Karthik.

3 Likes

As per my scenario !!
i need to select the drop-down i that i need to select always the first value see the below screenshot

Each time its vary from the drop-down first display date i need to select how it is possible ?

I’ve attempted to use the “Type in” selector to enter a Fund value based on the video above and have been unable to have the value appear in the drop in field

instead I receive a error message displaying an exception

Any help you can provide?

I am getting below error while automating:

drop don list is not getting automated

PFB

Hi guys ,

If you anyone needs to iterate through the Drop Down Options. Can refer the the sample Xaml file.
Iterate_Drop_down.xaml (9.4 KB)

The output of Select items is cities. Convert this to List. And use the Invoke method and use Remove At and give the parameters. Hope it helps. Works for me.

This is for removing the Please Select from the dropdown.

I use “type into” to select in drop down list. But need to check if I found the right one. This gett attribute do not work…

hi @Girish
i am using click activity in sap, when i press f4 pop up will appear in that one option i need to select but it is selecting whole screen. plz suggest me how i can solve.
Thanks you

Navigating url is shortcut. But what is the way to do it manually? Hovering and choosing the text on that drop list. I’m just a beginner.

How the last step of selecting item in droplist done sir without using navigating url? I’m just a beginner.