Want to create a library were I want status Successful and Failure of Queue Items

In this library I want the queue items status if it pass or fails.

If it is a success, even after Retry, it should write Success and should be logged only once.

If it is a Failure after Retry it fails again, it should get the exception message should be logged only once at the end of script into Excel file

I also want start Date & Time with total Execution Time.

In my flow after 1 failed item goes into retry it is adding that same failed item 2 times.

How should I fix this?

Count of every item has been kept constant which is one.

Thankyou

@BHUSHAN_NAGAONKAR1

One way to handle it is using the retry number …there is a variable for retry number in ref or in queue as well…if that retry number is equal to max retry number only then log else dont log as the item would be retried in case of failure

Cheers

1 Like

Ok thanks

I publish my library all variables are properly passed in the library. It gives an error
“Application has been forecfully closed”. Object is not to reference". So it doesn’t perform library activities.

This issue is disrupting the flow.

@BHUSHAN_NAGAONKAR1

As per error some variable you are using is not being passed or is pssed as empty

And as per source I guess you can find which variable it is

Cheers

I made the changes that you suggested. It is working fine now.

Can we do it for the only process framework if the items are not added in the queue.

I tried to do it in same library keeping condition as Null. But giving variables is mandatory in library it did not work.

What should I do, if I have to combine for Reframework with Queue Item and Process without queue is it possible?

And can we get System Exception or any exception that is available in for both the scenario?

Does it require for the developer to create a variable in this case?

Thankyou

@BHUSHAN_NAGAONKAR1

You can pass null values also…but you need to use IsNothing(argumentname) to check if it is null or not before using

We can ideally get any exception

Cheers

1 Like

Do we have put null values in this manner “”/ just leave it blank while passing into library?

Exception how if we don’t use queueitems?

@BHUSHAN_NAGAONKAR1

We can put string.Empty then you can check for empty string instead of null that also works

When not using queue either pass the exception as argument or read from excel and before calling library make sure you write to that excel

Cheers

1 Like

I will try that way.
I was thinking of using dt.Exception.Message to get exception message and user will only pass 2 variable ExcelSheet Name and Excel Name variables.

1 Like

Hi @Anil_G

Can you share a flow to get system or business exception for REFRAMEWORK and process.

I’m stuck on how to pass it into library do user need to create a variable and pass it into library or is there any function.

@BHUSHAN_NAGAONKAR1

In try catch of the process transaction state you will separate catch blocks for each sys and bus exception…you can use exception.message there…or by default they are added to two variables already can use them as well

Cheers

1 Like

In Library I just need to add Elif condition.

So if Queueitem is “Successful”
Else QueueItem is “Failure”
Else System.Exception

@BHUSHAN_NAGAONKAR1

No Else Not IsNothing(SystemException) and one more Not IsNothing(BusinessException)

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks I got it. It works now

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.