WaitActive vs WaitVisible in Find Element activity?

Hi,

Now I’m using “Find Element” activity to wait for the element availability.
Sometime I faced unexpected behavior when I used this activity.

I checked UiPath explanation but it’s not clear for me.

• WaitVisible - When this check box is selected, the activity waits for the specified UI element to become visible.
  • WaitActive - When this check box is selected, the activity waits for the specified UI element to become active.

I would like to understand the difference between them.
Could you tell me what tag information or condition UiPath Bot is waiting or checking?

Regards,
Taku

1 Like

@11115 - WaitVisible - As the name implies, UiPath waits for the element to become visible (e.g. an image on a web page). WaitActive - After waiting for the element to become visible, UiPath now waits for the element to be come active so that the element is now capable to receive any actions (like a click). In most cases, the delay between the element becoming WaitVisible and WaitActive might be negligible.

Could you please explain more about what you are trying to achieve?

1 Like

Thank you for your prompt reply.
This is just sample picture.

When I chose WaitVisible to find the element like Google tab in our application, it did not work. When I chose WaitActive, it worked. Therefore I would like to understand what information on the website or condition is required to judge it’s visible or active?

1 Like

@11115 - When you say it did not work, did you see any error?

1 Like

It’s timeout error of Find Element as usual.
I think it’s not point now. I just would like to understand what information or condition is required for Bot to judge that it’s active or visible?

Regards,

Hi

According to UiPath’s explanation I think WaitVisible works on UI elements like popups whereby that element was not on the web interface until the Bot did something like downloading or confirming and once that element is visible then the Bot can process whatever that you want it to.

And

WaitActive - wait for the elements regardless of whether it’s a popup button or something already in the browser as long is active the WaitActive can be implemented is such scenarios

For silverlight applications WaitActive and WaitVisible attributes fail even if the element is visible as well is active.
My issue is the elements are hidden but Element Exisits and Find Element both return True and Not Null respectively. I am unable to figure out how to wait for the element to appear before performing an action

Hi @waheebc

Could you provide more context:

• version of Studio
  • versions of all activity packages

hi @loginerror

Here’s the info you asked for.

Studio 2018.4.3 - 01/21/2019
Enterprise Edition
Windows Installer
Let me know if there is any more information required.