While doing Exercise 2 in Advanced Training met a problem.
When I was testing a sequence which iterated through months and download reports separately everything was fine. But then I did the same in Re Framework, robot began to work very slow. I changed Wait For Ready to None and it started to work fine again. But is it the best solution or there are some other methods I can try?
Thanks in advance!
There are certain things are there how you can improve the speed of your workflow.
- Setting Wait For Ready to None (where there is no need to be interactive with the elements)
- Selecting option for some of the activities - Send Window Messages or Simulate Click (where the element noneed to be visible and can work in background too which works faster than Default)
- Avoiding manually setting Wait Time for some of the activities by using Wait Visible properties.
- Instead of activities, you can use programming knowledge like using LINQ queries for the faster processing.
- Organizing the project in a better way (where you want to Init applications etc.,)
- Using Parallel processing if two independent workflows can execute parallel.
The list will be keep growing proportional to the learning and experience.
All the best.