VM Running Unattended vs Locally

Hi There,

I am running a process in a VM unattended, but I am testing in the VM in Studio, it runs fine if I debug in there.

Once I publish and attempt to run unattended the process can’t even Open chrome or terminal, with errors such as:
Open CMD.exe: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: <wnd app=‘cmd.exe’
or the same for Open Browser - Chrome.

I am not sure what the issue is as it runs perfectly when I debug within the VM, and also locally. The job starts but fails at first chance.

Any thoughts would be great!

Hey @Kyleb91

Did you try capturing some screenshots ?

Also does the windows user differs between unattended run and the studio run ?

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

Thanks!

No screenshots as it fails straight away so nothing opens.

Same user

Hey @Kyleb91

Can you just check the job logs & job info ? Please show the snap of it

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

The job can’t do the first task of opening CMD, works fine if I am in the VM and start from Uipath Assistant.

Hey @Kyleb91

Please add a Take Screenshot activity on initialization failure and save it somewhere for reference.

(OR)

Try installing the RPA Streaming tool in the VM for bot run monitoring - Robot Streaming - RPA Component | UiPath Marketplace

Hope this helps.

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

Even a Take Screenshot flow fails. It’s as if the whole process won’t run correctly.

Hello!

What happens when you try to run this process with the “UiPath Assistant” inside the VM? It runs?

1 Like

Hi @imloan yes it runs fine!

Could you please try with the robot streaming tool, I feel this issue may be due to the installation mode used - but let’s check.

If the silent run is running on a different virtual machine than the wizard, verify that the paths of the programs you start are common.

Check that when you exit the virtual machine you do not block it because when you close the session the robot does not run

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.