vLookup between 2 datatables using Linq query

Hi All,

I have 2 datatables which have same columns. I want to vLookup INVOICE_NUMBER from dt1 and look into dt2, if there is a match then I want to update matched row DESCRIPTION from dt2 to dt1. In other words im applying vLookup to DESCRIPTION column in dt1 sheet and updating the DESCRIPTION from dt2 sheet, if there is no match then it is blank. Please find the attached excel for you reference which also has output sheet of how the output should look.
Reference_File.xlsx (14.0 KB)

I have tried solutions posted on Uipath Forum similar to my topic, but it did not work for my use case.

The data in my original file is more than 30,000, so request you to please provide me a solution using link Query. Any help will be really appreciated.

Thank & Regards
Ashwini

@ashwini.bagewadi
done with a where approach, showcased with a reduced dataset:

grafik

Find starter help here:
Match-WhereApproach_1Col_UpdateLeftFromRight.xaml (10.1 KB)

Thank you @ppr for your response. After using this code the output is written under NAME column instead of DESCRIPTION column. Please find the screenshot of the output below

Also find the piece of code that I have made changes in
vLookup- using where.zip (19.1 KB)

Thanks & Regards
Ashwini

Yes, you have to adopt the take(x) statement, give try at 3

Thank you @ppr this worked for the example, but if DESCRIPTION column is in between then it is not working fine. In my real use case DESCRIPTION column is in between. Sorry for informing this now, I wasn’t aware that it would make a difference. Please find the below attached screenshot

Also this is just a dummy data that I have created, in real use case I have 30 columns and more than 30,000 rows, and when I run the same piece of code for real case scenario, it is taking a lot of time, more than 10 minutes.

Please can you guide me on this

Yes, then the described requirement is different from this case, so the rowArray construction is to adopt. We do have several techniques, but will decided which one to use, once we have cleared the column structure definition, onwhich we can also rely

Thank you for understanding @ppr . This time I’ll try to be more accurate with my requirement.

I have 2 files File1 and File2 which i will read and assign to datatables dt1 and dt2 respectively. I want to vLookup INVOICE_NUMBER from dt1 and look into dt2, if there is a match then I want to update matched row DESCRIPTION from dt2 to dt1. In other words im applying vLookup to DESCRIPTION column in dt1 sheet and updating the DESCRIPTION from dt2 sheet, if there is no match then it is blank.

Please note that the data in File1 and File2 have very few row items but in real case i have more than 30,000 rows.

Please find File1 , File2 and output file
File1.xlsx (10.4 KB)
File2.xlsx (10.4 KB)
Output.xlsx (13.0 KB)

Hello Peter,

Please can you help on this.

Thanks and Regards
Ashwini

Hello Peter I need one solution
Using this below condition if value is matched I need to write matched if value is not matched need to write not matched

Where we need to add matched and not matched

@anilkumar_raj

Just open a new topic and get individually support on your case there