Version="V2" attribute in Chrome uix tags cause file to be invalid

I attempted to open a workflow in my project the following error was returned.

‘Failed to create a ‘Version’ from the text ‘V2’.’ Line number ‘3385’ and line position ‘1074’. Row: 3385, Column: 1074"

Attempting to open the .xaml by itself the following error was returned.

23.2.0-beta.11986+Branch.release-v23.2.Sha.cf2c97d1d5fa33ec4991b279dbc0775c4eaed78d

Document is invalid

Open Document Error: UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException
—> UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException: The item ‘P:\Brian\UiPath\Dandy23Shape\ExportDandyCases.xaml’ could not be opened: Document is invalid.
—> RemoteException wrapping System.IO.InvalidDataException: Document is invalid
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.WorkflowHandling.DesignerBuilder.InitRootActivity(WorkflowDesigner designer, String filename)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.WorkflowHandling.DesignerBuilder.BuildInternal(DesignerEventsSubscriber eventsSubscriber, String workflowId, String fileName)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.WorkflowHandling.DesignerBuilder.Build(DesignerEventsSubscriber eventsSubscriber, String workflowId, String fileName)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.WorkflowHandling.DesignerWrapper.Load(String fileName)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Services.DesignerFileProjectEndpoint.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Services.DesignerFileProjectEndpoint.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.Shared.MVVM.Services.DispatcherService.d__16.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Services.DesignerFileProjectEndpoint.d__8.MoveNext()
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Server.<>c__DisplayClass7_3.<<-ctor>g__InvokeMethod|6>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Server.<>c__DisplayClass7_1.<<-ctor>g__HandleRequest|3>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Server.<>c__DisplayClass7_2.<<-ctor>b__5>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Helpers.d__91.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase3.OnOpenAsyncInternal(String path, IFactory2 resolvedFactory, IOpenOptions options) at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase3.OnOpenAsync(String path, IFactory2 resolvedFactory, IOpenOptions options) at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.DocumentService.OnOpenAsync(String path, IFactory2 resolvedFactory, IOpenOptions options)
at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase`3.OpenAsync(OpenInformation openInfo)
at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.OpenCloseCommandsService.OpenDocumentAsync(OpenInformation openInfo)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.OpenCloseCommandsService.OpenDocumentAsync(OpenInformation openInfo)
at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.OpenCloseCommandsService.OpenPath(String filePath)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.ProcessArgumentsService.ProcessWithCommandLine(String commandLineFileName)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ShellApplication.StudioShellApplication.<>c__DisplayClass25_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location —
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.b__128_0(Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2146233088

I deleted the Version=“V2” attribute from line 3385 as the first error reported and then it returned the same error for a different line. I then removed all instances of Version=“V2” from the .xaml and now it opens.

hi @Steven_Raines1

Can you check the below thread and see if it helps you,

Happy Automation! :smiley:

I’m not sure how this is relevant. I found a solution that works. I posted this to report the issue and possibly discover why it happened.
All of my workflow is original, and it was working before I went home yesterday.

1 Like