VDI / RDP and Hotkeys / Clipboard

I have to enter hotkeys and deal with clipboards with an application in an VDI. Unfortunately I do not have any access to the VDI machine to install any extension, so all my actions are images based. BUT: my clipboard is only transferred between the Robot and the VDI when I lose the focus of the app/VDI. If I add a message box after I copy some text content I immediately get my clipboard content, when my Messagebox is displayed. So I have 2 message boxes now. Both are similar and should display the clipboard content. The first is empty and the second shows it. The reason is, that I dis-focus the VDI environment with the first message box and at this moment it transfers the content via VDI. I got a workaround, to click on any element on my Robot machine but this is not helpful.
At the same time I can’t send hotkeys like ctrl&a (or ctlr&c). This will work only when I use hotkeys like ALT and navigate through the menu, so any combination will not work (even with delays between each key). So in general there must be something preventing a normal interaction between the two layers on my windows machine, when in- and outputs are used with VDI.
(all VDI settings are ok, to use the clipboard, as with a manual task everything works as expected)

Hi

Please give a try with COMPUTER VISION activitieswith which you will be able to access the elements

Here you go on how to install and use it

Go to manage packages in design tab of studio and search for UiPath.CV and install it

UiPath Activities

Computer Vision :eye:

This section includes Computer Vision related activities found in the UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities pack. You can access them by following the links listed in the below See Also section. Also, you can find the following information in this guide:…

Cheers @TP2B

CV would work, but it’s much to slow and it has OCR issues (wrong recognition 0 and O, 1 and l, 0 and 8, etc)