Value for a required activity argument: 'Server' was not supplied

I’m trying to make a sequence that sends an email to every member in our RPA team weekly, as a workaround as I have no permission to add Office365 to UiPath through Azure.

So I’ll read the mail addresses of every member from an excel. However I am getting this error message: Value for a required activity argument: ‘Server’ was not supplied.

Do you have any idea what’s causing this? I am new to RPA, so excuse me and thanks in advance!

hi @Ronaldo_Romi

Add required details like port and server details for SMTP mail action

Regards
Kaviyarasu N

1 Like

@Ronaldo_Romi

Hi for sending smtp mail you need corresponding details…

You have to provide server…port…username and passowrd

Cheers

1 Like

Thank you so much man @Kaviyarasu_N & @Anil_G !!!

I have a new problem. This time with the string that I converted from a datatable row: “Send the reminder mail: The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address.”

Do you know how to fix this issue?

Hi,

Which column is there email address in DataTableEmailAddress?
Probably it should be as the following. (Please modify “ColumnEmail” to your actual column name for email address.

Regards,

1 Like

@Ronaldo_Romi

Put the mail activity inside the for loop that you have and then pass currentrow("Emailaddresscolumnname").ToString

Cheers

1 Like

I have another problem. The system doesn’t send the email as soon as there is a row with a missing email address.

I try to solve this through an If, but it still doesn’t work. How would you do so that the system loops through every row until data is found and so that it sends the email to the emails that are available in the sheet?

It works only if every row contains an email address, which isn’t so smart. How would you do @Anil_G @Kaviyarasu_N @Yoichi ?

@Ronaldo_Romi

I guess it has empty data so in condition include like this

IsNothing(Currentrow("Email")) AndAlso currentrow("Email").ToString.IsNullOrEmpty

Cheers

That did not work out unfortunately. This is what I get:

It seems as if UiPath doesn’t recognize IsNullOrEmpty nor IsNothing.

@Ronaldo_Romi

Please change like this

string.IsnullOrEmpty(currentrow("Email").ToString)

Cheers

1 Like

@Ronaldo_Romi ,

Could you try with the below Expression :

String.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(currentrow("Email").ToString)
1 Like

This worked fine! Thank you so much man!

1 Like

Also this expression did work! Thank you, thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.