Validation of a Form Field based on other fields

Hello Mates, This is Sai Prem. I am currently using a form where I pass the data as a datatable.
When user opens the task, he/she will be given two amount fields to split an amount based on the business rule. We need to validate the form field in such a way that " the sum of two split fields must be equal to the actual amount( third field). Please let me know if you have any idea about how to make this happen…

Thank you

Hi @pottamsaiprem,

When user has submitted the response i.e. when task is completed in action center, you can use taskObject output to fetch what was entered by user and perform validations on same.

Regards
Sonali

Thank you for your response Sonali. I was wondering if there is a way to validate the fields before submitting the form.

Please refer the image … I was looking for a similar validation

Hi @pottamsaiprem,

Instead of doing the calculation on these fields once user enters the value,

May be you can enable functionality as below:

1. As soon as user enters the value in 1 field, value in 2nd field automatically gets populated by subtracting 1st fields value from 3rd field.

This would be somewhat similar logic like it happens for populating drop downs on the forms dynamically.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Sonali

Hey @sonaliaggarwal47 , I love the idea… Could you please guide me with how to do it ?